London, UK -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/17/2016 -- The organizer of the Event Technology Awards has announced that nominations for 2016 will open on Monday 4th April. The awards are set to return for their fourth outing and will once again recognize the achievements of companies delivering digital and technological solutions to the event industry. With a number of exciting new categories added to the list for this year, companies specializing in networking technology, proximity marketing technology, event connectivity & Wi-Fi and best augmented/ virtual reality technology will also be able to join in the celebrations.
The nature of the award categories - and the way in which this technology is deployed - means that entries can be submitted by any industry stakeholder; including suppliers, designers, programmers, technicians, developers, venues, events, promoters, event organizers and agencies.
Returning to the 2016 category list is 'The People's Choice Award', which will see bronze, silver and gold winners announced as the result of an open industry vote.
The full list of categories is as follows:
- Best New Technology Start-Up
- Best Event App
- Best New Technology Product
- Best Technology Partnership – Agency / Brand / Organizer / Supplier / Technology Provider
- Best Ticketing & Visitor Registration Technology
- Best Attendee Management Technology
- Best Event Management Solution
- Best Venue Management Solution
- Best use of Technology for Marketing an Event
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Best Technology for Building Event Attendance
- Best Technology for Event Monetisation or Fundraising
- Best Event Website / Mobile Site
- Best Hybrid Event or Live Streaming Solution
- Best use of Audio Visual Technology
- Best use of Technology for Engagement & Interaction
- Best use of Technology for Audience Participation
- Best use of RFID or NFC
- Best use of Projection Mapping
- Best use of Gamification
- Best use of Technology for Event Analytics, Data-Collection & Insight
- Best Social Media Tool
- Most innovative and tech friendly venue
- Best use of Technology for a Brand
- Best Festival Technology
- Best Conference Technology
- Best Exhibition Technology
- The 2016 Event Technology Rising Star
- Best Event Networking Technology (NEW)
- Best Proximity Marketing Technology (NEW)
- Event Connectivity & Wi-Fi (NEW)
- Best Augmented / Virtual Reality Technology (NEW)
- Favorite Event Technology Supplier - The People's Choice Award
Nominations will close on 31st May 2016, with the entries then judged by an independent panel of experts that will be announced in the coming weeks.
Event Technology Awards co-founder Adam Parry said: "I am thrilled that the awards are returning for a fourth year, they continue to grow in stature and the number of enquirers we've already received for this year's event is very pleasing. The sector is fast-paced and continually evolving so we have added new categories that reflect the specific efforts of companies and individuals in the growth sectors."
Companies or individuals wishing to enter the 2016 Event Technology Awards can request an entry form by emailing email@example.com
Full entry details are available on the Event Technology Awards website http://www.eventtechnologyawards.co.uk/
Keep up to speed with the latest award news via its Twitter feed @EventTechAwards or at Facebook.com/EventTechnologyAwards
About The Event Technology Awards
The Event Technology Awards were launched in 2013. The awards are attended by leading international event technology specialists, suppliers, event organizers and agencies and recognize those pushing the boundaries in innovative event technology worldwide. The 2014 awards saw a 50% growth in entries and a 25% rise in attendees.
For more information about this release, the Event Tech Live or the Event Technology Awards please contact:
Tel: 07887 527369