The extremity reconstruction market covers implant devices for the shoulder, elbow, wrist, digits, foot, and ankle joints. The market is segmented based on the product type into upper extremity reconstruction devices and lower extremity reconstruction devices.
Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/29/2017 -- The extremity reconstruction segment holds a small share in the global orthopedic market but it is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the study period. Hence, the leading companies have increased their focus on the segment to overcome the sluggish growth in the hip and knee joint reconstruction market.
Extremity Reconstruction Market Report, published by Allied Market Research, forecasts that the global market is expected to garner $3,041 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 7.5% during the period 2016-2022. Shoulder reconstruction segment, which accounted for more than 70% in 2015, is expected to dominate the global market throughout the forecast period. North America held the leading position in 2015, and is expected to maintain this trend throughout.
Shoulder reconstruction and ankle replacement are the potential target areas for investment by the key players in the extremity reconstruction market. Recent developments in the market such as approval of stemless shoulder implant, Simpliciti by Wright Medical, in the U.S, increasing adoption rate of reverse shoulder implants and increasing use of natural biomaterial to improve the osseo-integration rate and the strength of bone-prosthetic bonding are expected to strengthen the market. Stemless shoulder replacement is ideal for patients with post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the shoulder and extra-articular deformities of the proximal humerus, which can make the placement of a conventional stemmed prosthesis difficult or impossible. For patients with massive irreparable rotator tear, who cannot opt for conventional total shoulder replacement, reverse shoulder replacement has emerged as a boon.
Key Findings of the extremity reconstruction market Study:
- The shoulder replacement segment generated the highest revenue in 2015, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3%.
- Stemless shoulder implants segment is projected to grow rapidly registering a CAGR of 20%.
- Metallic biomaterial dominated the world extremity reconstruction devices market.
- Total ankle replacement segment is expected grow at a CAGR of 17.4%.
- In 2015, the U.S. led in the global extremity reconstruction market, accounting for more than 67% share in the overall market.
- Germany accounted for about one-third share of the European extremity reconstruction market in 2015.
- Indian extremity reconstruction devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7%.
Limited Period Offer! Get 30% discount on this report
Click to Get Sample!