Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/08/2014 -- In February 2013, Facebook Inc. announced that it was acquiring the messenger service Whatsapp for $19bn, accessing 450 million users ($4bn cash, $12bn Facebook shares, and $3bn restricted stocks for founders and employees). It is the biggest acquisitions by the company so far, valuing the service with 50 employees above other more established businesses such as Gap Inc.
Report Features and Benefits
- Analysis of Facebook's current situation, and why its mergers and acquisitions attitude has shifted.
- Evaluation of the motives behind the Whatsapp purchase, and current technological trends.
- Assessment of the potential problems with the purchase, including profitability, geographical expansion, and competition within Facebook's portfolio.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Facebook has managed to grow its revenues and exposure rapidly, and has managed to export itself into advertising and mobile platforms. This has led to a change in policy regarding the firm's M&A strategy. Whereas once Facebook acquired firms to capture talent, the firm is now acquiring services which are popular in a bid to stay relevant.
The deal's colossal value has caused much confusion and consternation. Facebook has paid a premium for a relatively unknown brand with little scope for improving per unit profit and without any unique intellectual property in a fiercely competitive market.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Why did Facebook purchase Whatsapp?
- What could go wrong with Facebook's Whatsapp acquisition?
- What is Facebook's current strategy in M&A?
- What is Facebook's current situation?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Telecom and Computing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Facebook vs. Non-Facebook Social Network Gaming Ecosystem and Market Analysis 2013 - 2018
- FACEBOOK INC. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & Affiliates - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Advisory Profile
- Simmons & Company International Limited - Oil & Gas - Advisory Profile
- Chardan 2008 China Acquisition Corp. (CACAU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Trelawney Augen Acquisition Corp. (GLD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Israel Growth Partners Acquisition Corp. (IGPAU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Angel Acquisition Corp. - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Proguard Acquisition Corp. (PGRD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review