Today there are thousands of sustainable communities around the world. Now launching is a new http://www.ic.org website to help you find, start, and sustain a community! FIC is a non profit organization that strives to empower these ecological communities, and to make information about community living and communication available to all who seek it.
Glen Burnie, MD -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- Birth Announcement: The FIC invites you to visit their new baby
What is it like to live in a community? How does one start one, sustain it, and solve the hardest challenges? Are there ways to add more cooperation into the world and our everyday lives?
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC) is a 501c3 non profit organization dedicated to addressing these questions, and to helping people find and build sustainable communities.
This is why the folks at FIC are excited to announce that they are the proud parent of a new website, which they invite people to visit at www.ic.org. (Visiting hours are 24 x 7!)
While it’s been a labor of love, there’s a reason it’s called “labor.”
FIC worked hard over the last year to rewrite the code from the ground up, resulting in a site that is more reliable, easier to manage, and offers a sparkling array of new features, including:
- Communities Magazine in Digital Format
- Now subscriptions and copies of all 164 back issues are also available as digital downloads. Digital editions are included in each print subscription, or digital only subscriptions are also an option.
- Best of Communities Collections
- These compilations include the most impactful articles they’ve printed over the past 18 years. There are now 15 issues at $10 each, or one can get all 15 issues for only $100.
- Refreshed Community Bookstore
- In addition to streamlining how information is displayed and the ease with which orders can be placed, there is captivating new content, such as the Passive House Revolution, Within Reach, and Finding Happiness DVDs, plus two dozen new books about finding and building sustainable communities.
- Support for Your Community Events
- An organization can now sell tickets to events, subscribe to event updates, and even manage guest lists via the Community Events portion of the website.
- Multilingual Capacity and International Subscriptions
- Around the globe one can now access ic.org in over 80 languages! Plus international subscribers can now choose digital only subscriptions if they prefer a greener option that avoids shipping costs and waits.
How the FIC Needs Support Today
FIC has been delivering the goods for the last 27 years. There are now over 2,500 established and forming communities in the directory, hundreds of educational titles to learn from in the Community Bookstore, and hundreds of attendees visiting events every year to meet, greet, and skill share.
Today, if anyone has a question about community living in North America, FIC is the first number they’ll call, or email inquiry they’ll send.
Laird Schaub, Executive Secretary of FIC, commented on the new website, “Not resting on our laurels, and committed to serving our online community, FIC made the bold choice to invest in building this robust new website with superior service and enhanced content.”
He added the request that, “You can show your appreciation by supporting us in return. Please consider becoming an FIC member, subscribing to Communities magazine, or making a tax deductible donation. Better yet, do all three!”
The FIC is striving to spread their educational resources into more countries and markets around the world, in both physical and digital form. There are also plans in the works to further enhance the popular Communities Directory.
Christopher Kindig, FIC Business Manager, was eager to share that, “Your support today will help make it possible for us to keep helping you tomorrow ? as well as all the others like you who dream of a more sustainable and cooperative world. Thank you for doing what you can to keep our new baby at ic.org strong and healthy!”
The FIC is headquartered in Rutledge, Missouri, and can be reached through http://www.ic.org.
About The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC) is a 501c3 Non Profit that provides educational publications such as the Communities Directory and Communities magazine, plus support, services, and sharing opportunities for people to build sustainable communities.
Name: Christopher Kindig
Position: Business Manager
Company: The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Country: United States