Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Finland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/14/2013 -- BMI View: There are fewer opportunities for organic growth in Finland's highly mature mobile market. This is evidenced by further net losses at TeliaSonera and relatively mediocre growth at market leader Elisa and third-placed DNA. Already high dependence on postpaid services means that engaging in price competition will have a deleterious effect on ARPUs, which are already among the lowest in the region. On the upside, strong sales of smartphones and data plans mean data ARPUs should be on the rise, although this is difficult to verify given a lack of clarity in operators' reported results, which include low-value messaging services. Things should improve in 2013 when LTE networks will be more widespread and additional spectrum will be available to operators.
- Data from the European Commission show that dedicated mobile broadband subscription growth had been higher than our earlier estimate at 2.838mn in January 2012, up from 1.152mn in July 2011.
- Adoption of wireless data services for those taking a voice and data subscription, ie, smartphone users, has also remained robust in Finland, with the regulator FICORA reporting a total of 5.14mn subscriptions at the end of June 2012.
- The decline in fixed-line subscriptions accelerated as total subscriptions reached 980,000 at the end of June 2012. Subscriptions declined 16.95 y-o-y compared to 12.6% to June 2011.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
The growth in wireless broadband services has remained robust in Finland even as penetration rates continue to rise. As noted above, new European Commission data show that the dedicated mobile broadband market is one of the most developed in the world with 2.838mn subscriptions in January 2012. Meanwhile, operator data show that mobile data demand from smartphones has seen similarly fast growth with Elisa reporting that over 80% of all new handsets sold in Q212 were smartphones. The adoption of wireless data services bodes well for operators as they continue to invest in the rollout of LTE services.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2013