New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Finland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2014 -- Content and data remain key to the Finnish telecoms market's continued developments. Telecoms operators are seeing subscription growth rates slow down so must build revenues from existing subscribers rather than seek new ones. Pay-TV continues to support the broadband sector which already has high usage and limited, although continued, growth in the fixed services market. The threat of over-thetop services from third parties remains a key challenge to operator strategies and the ability to continue generating income from their networks. Despite these challenges, Finnish consumers have high spending ability and operators perform well in relation to other Western European markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The launch of LTE services will help cater to the rising demand for 3G/4G services in Finland. BMI estimates that there will be 6.62mn 3G/4G subscribers in 2013 and expects the total to rise 23.91% by 2017 to 8.21mn. During this period the 3G/4G mobile penetration will rise from 67.7% to 81.7%.
- Finland's mobile market continues to exhibit modest growth, adding 29,000 new subscribers in Q313. Annual growth has fallen below 2% and BMI sees little prospect of this rising again. The most recent data from regulator FICORA cover the end of 2012; it is preliminary in nature and may therefore be restated in the near future once the figures have been verified. FICORA suggests that there were 9.310mn mobile subscribers in Finland at the end of H113, representing a slight decrease from 9.320mn at the end of 2012.
Key Trends & Developments
Plans for the sale of DNA came to nothing in the end as the company decided to remain under its existing ownership. The decision was announced in July 2013 but it was made clear that a sale would be considered if the market improves. It is unclear whether the local telephone companies that founded DNA would continue to exist after the sale; currently, they own around 33% of DNA's shares.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Denmark Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q1 2014