New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2013 -- BMI View: Finland's mature mobile market offers few opportunities for organic growth. Subscriber addition rates in 2012 proved mediocre at best. Operators are justifiably reluctant to compete too heavily on pricing given their dependence on postpaid services; cutting prices would have a deleterious effect on ARPUs at a time when they are investing in new mobile broadband infrastructure and spectrum. We believe non-voice ARPUs are growing, but this is difficult to verify, given a general reluctance to add granularity to reported results. In any case, continued growth in messaging traffic suggests that such low-value services still account for a large proportion of income from non-voice services.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Finnish telecommunications company Elisa claimed that at least 87% of all new handsets sold in Q412 were smartphones. With this in mind, it is not surprising to find that wireless data subscriber numbers hit 5.755mn at the end of 2012, according to new data from the regulator, FICORA.
- The decline in fixed-line subscriptions accelerated as total subscriptions reached 890,000 at the end of 2012. Subscriptions declined 17.6% y-o-y.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Poland Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- France Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q2 2013