Recently published research from GlobalData, "Floating Power Plants - Drivers, Deterrents and Developments", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/15/2014 -- A power barge or Floating Power Plant (FPP) is an electricity generating facility designed on a floating platform. FPPs have short construction cycles and flexibility for mobility which can provide a quick solution to power shortages. FPPs lack self-propulsion mechanisms, meaning that they must be pulled to the desired location. This led to the introduction of powerships, self-propelled ready-to-go infrastructure that can be connected to national grids as and when required. Karadeniz Energy is the only owner and operator of a fleet of powerships in the world.
Construction of FPPs occurs in shipyards under controlled conditions, this is advantageous if energy supply is required in a remote region as the cost of transporting components across difficult terrain (as would be required for an in-situ power plant) is avoided. Few companies are involved in the construction of FPPs; the key players of these are Wartsila, Waller Marine, Enron Engineering & Construction, Karadeniz and Hyundai Engineering & Construction.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Technological developments have led to the expansion of FPPs to include nuclear and solar power generation. These convey the added benefit of no pollution or greenhouse gas emissions from electricity generation. Joint Venture (JV) initiatives between ship builders and power developers will allow such companies to combine efforts and expertise to develop FPPs with high operational flexibility.
- Types of Operating environment for Floating Power Plants.
- Drivers and Deterrants of Floating Power Plants.
- Key players involved in the construction of Floating Power Plants.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Gain insights on Power barges and Powerships.
- Identify the technological developments and joint venture initiatives in Floating Power Plants.
- Identify factors driving the need for Floating Power Plants across the world.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Plant Life Extension (PLEX) and Plant Life Management (PLIM) for Nuclear Reactors - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2025
- Feedwater Heaters for Nuclear Power - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Advanced Utility Boiler Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2019
- Southern Company (SO) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Maxim Power Corp. - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2013 Update
- CMS Energy Corporation - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2013 Update
- AGL Energy Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2013 Update
- Georgia Power Company (GPW) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Thermal Power in Turkey, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Thermal Power in India, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles