Recently published research from GlobalData, "FluMist (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "FluMist (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis". Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough. The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
FluMist is a live, attenuated vaccine designed to immunize recipients against influenza. The viruses incorporated into FluMist are propagated in specific pathogen-free eggs, isolated by filtration and centrifugation, and sterilized via filtration. FluMist is the only intranasal influenza vaccine currently available in the US and Europe, where it is marketed by MedImmune, a subsidiary of AstraZeneca.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on FluMist including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for FluMist for the top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain and China.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of FluMist performance
- Obtain sales forecast for FluMist from 2012 to 2022 in the US, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain and China.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Market in Top Seven Countries to 2018 - Next Generation Quadrivalent Vaccines to Dominate the Market by Offering Broader Protection via Single Dose
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- Influenza VLP Vaccine (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- Influenza Vaccines Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018