Rise in Consumer Awareness Fuel the Food Safety Testing Market Growth

We have used secondary research for deriving our market numbers for each segment of the research report and further validated our analysis with C-level executives of major companies operating in the food safety products and testing market.


Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2016 -- The global food safety market has been witnessing a steady growth since the last three years, primarily due to increasing number of food-borne diseases. The other major driving factors for the food safety products and testing market include technological advancement in the food safety testing methods and rise in consumer awareness.

Complete Report with TOC @ http://www.mrrse.com/food-safety-products-market

The global food safety testing market by contaminants was led by pathogens accounting for over 34% of global revenues in 2011, owing to their prevalence in food products such as meat and poultry. Pathogens were followed by GMOs, toxins and pesticides. With approximately 42% of the global tests conducted, salmonella emerged as the leading pathogen type in 2011, followed by listeria which shared approximately 31% of the food safety tests conducted for the same year. E.Coli is expected to be the fastest growing pathogen for which food safety tests are being conducted, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2013 to 2018. In terms of revenues also, E.Coli is the fastest growing pathogen, at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2013 to 2018.

Processed food emerged as the biggest food types for which food safety tests are being conducted. Processed food shared approximately 36% of the overall tests conducted on various food types in 2011. Dairy products were the next biggest segment, sharing 22% of the overall market in 2011. Meat and poultry products are expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% from 2013 to 2018.

Inquiry on this report @ http://www.mrrse.com/enquiry/578

The global food safety testing market by technology was led by traditional tests, accounting for close to 52% of the market in 2011, followed by rapid methods sharing the remaining 48% of the market for the same year. However, due to inability of traditional methods to give instantaneous results for food safety, rapid tests are expected to take over the traditional methods by 2018.

PCR-based methods were estimated to be the biggest segment for the rapid test space globally, sharing close to 49% of the overall market in 2011. Along with being the biggest market for rapid methods, PCR-based methods are also the fastest growing market, growing at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2013 to 2018.

Request a Free Sample Copy of the Report @ http://www.mrrse.com/sample/578

MRRSE stands for Market Research Reports Search Engine, the largest online catalog of latest market research reports based on industries, companies, and countries. MRRSE sources thousands of industry reports, market statistics, and company profiles from trusted entities and makes them available at a click. Besides well-known private publishers, the reports featured on MRRSE typically come from national statistics agencies, investment agencies, leading media houses, trade unions, governments, and embassies.

Visit us @ https://twitter.com/MRRSEmrrse