Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/01/2014 -- Footwear in Colombia is very competitive and atomised, and faces strong challenges from contraband and imports at low prices. This situation led to low price increases, which were below the observed inflation rate in 2013, as well as to aggressive promotional activity throughout the year. Consumers, although they are interested in design and fashion, put price as one of the most important factors in their purchasing decision, leaving manufacturers and distributors with little ability to adjust prices.
Footwear is atomised, and has witnessed the entry of international brands, as well as the expansion of local brands. adidas Colombia, Venus Colombiana and Cia Manufacturera Manisol were the top three companies in footwear in 2013, each accounting for a value share of 4%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period footwear is expected to increase by a CAGR of 8% in volume terms and by a value CAGR of 6% at constant 2013 prices, faring better compared with the review period 2008-2013. This positive performance will be supported by the increasing offer of footwear from apparel specialist retailers, and the expansion of shopping centres and department stores to intermediate cities, which will contribute to increasing the consumer base.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Footwear industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Footwear industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Footwear in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Footwear in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women's clothing vs men's clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Children's Footwear, Men's Footwear, Women's Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Apparel and Footwear in Colombia
- Sportswear in Colombia
- Childrenswear in Colombia
- Clothing and Footwear Retailing in Colombia: Market Snapshot to 2017
- Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists in Colombia: Market Snapshot to 2017
- Footwear in Colombia (2014) - Market Sizes
- Menswear in Colombia
- Womenswear in Colombia
- Jeans in Colombia
- Apparel Accessories in Colombia