Fast Market Research recommends "Footwear in South Africa" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- Both men and women became more adventurous in their footwear choices towards the end of the review period. This was encouraged by a growing focus on fashion trends and self-expression through apparel and footwear. This was in turn supported by widening internet access and a growing number of South African fashion blogs and websites such as mjandstuff.wordpress.com or all4women.co.za. There was thus more of an emphasis on playful, glamorous and on-trend men's and women's footwear at the end of the review period, with this trend also being encouraged by more affordable fast-fashion products becoming available.
Within footwear, consumers are mainly focused on brands within sports footwear. In non-sports footwear, fashion, price and quality are more important than brands. Consequently, many of the leading players in footwear are global sportswear brands, with adidas, Nike, Reebok and Hi Tec all within the top eight brands. Adidas was the clear leader in footwear throughout the review period and accounted for 12% value share in 2013. Adidas also saw the strongest value share gain among the leading players in 2013 over the previous year, although this gain was marginal.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Footwear is expected to suffer due to consumers exercising greater caution in spending in the forecast period. This will be linked to declining credit availability, high debt levels and the rising cost of living. Improved economic growth will however support some growth in the forecast period. As a result of these trends, footwear is expected to see value growth at constant 2013 prices drop to 4% CAGR in the forecast period in comparison to 7% CAGR in the review period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Footwear industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Footwear industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Footwear in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Footwear in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women's clothing vs men's clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Footwear in South Africa
- Apparel and Footwear in South Africa
- Menswear in South Africa
- Sportswear in South Africa
- Womenswear in South Africa
- Footwear in South Africa (2014) - Market Sizes
- Furniture Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Childrenswear in South Africa