Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/25/2013 -- This patient-based pneumococcal vaccine forecast segments the market by brand and population groups eligible for vaccination across the US, Japan, and the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) from 2012 to 2021. Vaccination coverage rates, pricing, dosing, and future event assumptions are added to create Datamonitor's forecast.
- Provides detailed sales forecasts for each of the seven major markets based on the expected coverage rates for different population groups.
- Explains the major growth drivers in the pneumococcal vaccine market, including predicted changes to national recommendations.
- Quantifies the predicted number of people eligible for pneumococcal vaccination across the seven major markets.
- Identifies which markets provide the greatest opportunity for growth.
Forecast changes to national recommendations specifying Prevnar 13 for routine immunization of elderly and high-risk individuals will drive growth. Datamonitor's patient-based forecast shows that the pneumococcal vaccine market will grow to reach $4.3bn in 2021.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Newly vaccinated infants will continue to make the largest contribution to the size of the pneumococcal vaccine market; however, significant growth will be due to increased vaccination uptake in adults. Despite Prevnar 13 dominating the market, Pneumovax will still retain the opportunity to be used as a booster vaccine.
The success of Prevnar 13 in the adult population will remain firmly hinged on the results of the large-scale CAPITA clinical trial being conducted in the Netherlands. Even if results are positive, Pfizer will still need to prove Prevnar 13 is cost effective by reducing the incidence of pneumococcal disease.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which countries are forecast to change recommendations for pneumococcal vaccination over the next 10 years?
- How many people are expected to be vaccinated in each of the seven major markets?
- How will sales in pneumococcal vaccines evolve for each market during the forecast period?
- Which of the seven major markets provides the greatest opportunity for growth?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pneumococcal Infections - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Veterinary Vaccines Market to 2017 - Europe to Strengthen Its Position as the Single Largest Market for Animal Vaccines Due To Highly Organized Livestock Farms
- Adult and Adolescent Vaccines Market to 2017 - Partnerships Increase as Licensing and Co-Development Account for 73% of all Deal-Making Activity in 2010
- Cancer Vaccines - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Hepatitis B Vaccines - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Hepatitis A Preventive Vaccines - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (Hib) Vaccine - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Influenza Vaccines Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Hepatitis A Preventive Vaccines - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Market Forecasts: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines - Broadened recommendations and increased awareness boost sales in the seasonal influenza vaccine market