New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/28/2014 -- The success of spray deodorants used as body fragrances make manufacturers explore portfolios that are even cheaper than mass fragrances sold by leading direct sellers, such as Belstar, Yanbal and Avon. Manufacturers have realised that men rely on brands, such as AXE, which is promoted more as a body spray than a deodorant. Although the fragrance may be less durable, it is considered sufficient for many consumers. In line with this, Unilever launched Impulse, a brand that is popular among more mature consumers (over 30s) as it has been present in the country for many years. It is a very affordable fragrance in spray for women in a small metal aerosol can to take when away from home. This new product development stemmed from the popularity of so-called "bath splashes". These are used when women do not want to use products, such as deodorants, for fragrance and instead resort to "bath splashes". These products were designed for the shower and are used by women, especially younger consumers, for light refreshing daily use. Fragrances in spray provide an alternative for consumers who use either traditional mass or premium fragrances during the day for light or on-the-go use.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Belcorp is by far the leading company in fragrances followed by Yanbal and Avon. As proven through the share ranking, direct sellers have taken the lead in fragrances thanks to their design and innovation in the mass fragrances category. They frequently launch new products via a "campaign" method, which are showcased in their catalogues on a monthly basis. Although the best-selling and leading fragrances are kept over several campaigns, innovation remains a strategic sales driver. This can be quite a challenge, as the design, product development and supply chain management need to be fast as direct sellers are proud of their quick response to changing consumer needs and preferences. Through their new product development process, they have been able to read the preferences of mass Colombian consumers. For them, Colombian women are attracted to strong and durable fragrances that last.
Body sprays as mass fragrances are likely to see new launches over the forecast period, even though this is not a new concept. This category was conceived through the way many consumers use spray deodorants. It was more common in men's grooming products since the launch and subsequent boom of AXE. AXE tried to expand its concept to women although the product's strong association of being a product for men did hot help it take off. In 2013, Impulse used the body spray concept, this time for women and somehow guaranteed its success via several important features. The product is targeted towards women and used a brand that left the market many years ago but which can be recalled by consumers aged in their thirties. The unit price and product size make it affordable and convenient to carry. Upcoming products during the forecast period may have to take the same approach in order to be successful and to compete with bath and shower products that were born from the shower category for use on a daily basis. The concept is similar but bath and shower "body splashes" not only offer scent but also freshness when applied. Even premium brands may make inroads in spray fragrances. Consumers are already seeing the appearance of Ralph Lauren Body Mist in four different scents. Impulse and Ralph Lauren products are paving the way for newcomers, which will create a more critical mass for this new category expansion in the mid-term.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fragrances industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fragrances industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fragrances in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fragrances in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- What pricing movements are seen across premium and mass fragrances?
- What are the key product development trends?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Unisex Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2017
- Male Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2017
- Female Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2017
- Fragrances in Colombia - a Snapshot (2013)
- Beauty and Personal Care in Colombia
- The Future of the Haircare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Male Toiletries Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape