Fast Market Research recommends "FTTx in Latin America: Competition and Regulation Boost Growth" from Pyramid Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/21/2014 -- Historically, fiber broadband in Latin America has had low penetration rates, but the region is at an inflection point: we expect FTTx accounts to grow at a 40% CAGR in 2013-2018. This report examines the status and growth opportunity of fiber broadband in Latin America, especially the key supply-push factors (regulation, competition, innovation) and demand-pull factors (consumer and enterprise demand, urbanization) driving FTTx. Three case studies focus on Iusacell in Mexico, TIM in Brazil and, for perspective, Orange and Vodafone in Spain. The Insider concludes with some recommendations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Introduction and Landscape
Historically, fiber broadband in Latin America has had a lower penetration rate than in other regions. But in 2013-2018, we expect FTTx accounts to grow at a 40% CAGR. In this report, we examine the status and growth opportunity of fiber-based broadband in Latin America. We highlight the key supply-push factors - regulation, competition and innovation - and the demand-pull factors - consumer, enterprise demand and urbanization - driving the development of FTTx. We believe the region is at an inflection point, where a combination of both supply-push and demand-pull forces are helping fiber-based broadband take off. In the market detail section, the report presents case studies focused on operators Iusacell in Mexico and TIM in Brazil. To provide a perspective beyond Latin America, we also include a market view of Spain and an operator case study on the fiber network-sharing initiative undertaken by Orange and Vodafone in that country. We show how operators in these countries have undertaken FTTx initiatives as a result of a supply push or in response to an uptick in demand for fiber broadband services. The Insider concludes with some recommendations for operators and regulators."
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Totalplay, Iusacell, Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM), Orange, Vodafone, Telmex, Telefonica.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Online Retailing Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Duty Free Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Department Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Other Specialist Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Other General and Non-Specialist Direct Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Drug Stores and Health and Beauty Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Home Furniture and Homewares Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard-Discounters Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Vending Machines Market Size and Forecast to 2017