Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Fuel Cell Technology Market: By Applications (Portable, Stationary, Transport), Types (PEMFC, DMFC, PAFC, SOFC, MCFC), Fuel (Hydrogen, Natural Gas, Methanol, Anaerobic Digester Gas) & Geography- Global Trends and Forecast to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/26/2013 -- Fuel cells convert chemical energy into electrical energy through electromechanical reaction, like a battery; the only difference is that the fuel is supplied from outside; thereby making the fuel cell feel like an engine converting fuel into electricity without burning it. Fuel cells are of different types such as proton exchange membrane (PEM), solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC), molten carbonate fuel cell (MCFC) and many more differentiated ones based on the components used and type of reaction taking place within the cell. They can use variety of fuels such as hydrogen, methanol, biogas, natural gas, and hydrocarbons. When working with hydrogen, fuel cell generates water as outcome and gives electricity with zero emission. The fuel cells are gaining worldwide importance as the demand for clean energy is increasing and due to continuous depletion of world oil and gas reserves. Furthermore, the focus is shifting towards renewable energy generation which is backed by governments and companies worldwide. The demand of fuel cells is driven due to increasing awareness and demand for zero emission energy sources.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global fuel cell market is segmented firstly on the basis of its applications such as portable, transportation and stationary applications. Secondly, it is segmented on the basis of technology such as Polymer/Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cell, Direct Methanol Fuel Cell, Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell, Solid Oxide Fuel Cell, Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell and others. Then the market is segmented according to primary fuel sources such as Hydrogen, Natural Gas/ Methane, Methanol, and Anaerobic Digester Gas. Lastly, the market is segmented on the basis of geography such as North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of World. Each region has been analyzed with respect to its market trends, growth, and future prospective of the fuel cell market. The data has been analyzed over a period of 2011 to 2018. The quantitative data regarding all the above segmentation is given in value ($million).
The global fuel cell market revenue is estimated to reach $2.5 billion by 2018. The unit shipments of fuel cells will increase by over fourteen fold from 78,100 in 2012 to 1,127,560 by 2018. Major factors responsible for the growth of fuel cell market include the ability of fuel cells in stationary, portable and transportation applications as a source of off grid power source, zero emission and clean energy source and continuous depletion of existing oil reserves makes. The key concerns in the industry pertain to the high cost of catalyst, commercialization of fuel cells and establishment of fuel cell infrastructure.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Europe Fuel Cell Technology Market: By Applications (Portable, Stationary, Transport), Types (PEMFC, DMFC, PAFC, SOFC, MCFC), Fuel (Hydrogen, Natural Gas, Methanol, Anaerobic Digester Gas) & Geography- European Trends And Forecast To 2018
- North America Fuel Cell Technology Market: By Applications (Portable, Stationary, Transport), Types (PEMFC, DMFC, PAFC, SOFC, MCFC), Fuel (Hydrogen, Natural Gas, Methanol, Anaerobic Digester Gas) & Geography- Trends And Forecast To 2018
- Well Intervention Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Offshore Drilling Market By Services (Contract Drilling, Directional Drilling, Logging While Drilling), Applications (Shallow Water, Deepwater, Ultra-Deepwater) And Geography-Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Fuel Additives Market - By Diesel, Gasoline & Aviation Applications, Types (Deposit control, Antioxidant, Corrosion inhibitor, Lubricity and Cetane improvers) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2017
- Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market - Global Assessment & Forecast-(2013-2018)
- Power Grid System Market In Subsea, By Offshore Power (Captive Generation, Wind Power, Others), Components (Cables, Variable Speed Drives, Transformers, Switchgears, Others) and Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Oilfield Rental Market - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Global Energy Storage Market to 2020 - Targeting Transportation Sector Applications, Advanced Batteries, Ultracapacitors and Fuel Cells all Set for Growth
- Artificial Lift Market: By Types (Rod Lift, ESP, PCP, Gas Lift) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018