Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Future of the Portuguese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2019 market report to its offering
The Future of the Portuguese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2019 published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with a detailed analysis of both historic and forecast Portuguese defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
- Over the review period, Portuguese defense expenditure registered a growth rate of -3.93%, to reach US$2.6 billion in 2014, from US$3.1 billion in 2010.
- Portuguese military expenditure, valued at US$2.6 billion in 2014, is expected to increase to US$2.7 billion by 2019, registering a CAGR of 1.02% over the forecast period.
- The country's military expenditure will be driven by its focus on the capabilities of its armed forces to deploy force contributions at short notice and by enhancing the country's participation in joint operations with the European Union and peacekeeping operations of NATO and the United Nations.
- The Defense Ministry is expected to procure C2/C4ISR, transport and utility aircraft, rotorcraft MRO, border security, radars and communication systems.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Portugal's defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Portuguese defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Portuguese defense industry during 2015-2019, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's spending patterns and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by the defense market participants within the country.
- Porter's Five Force analysis of the Portuguese defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, tthreat of substitutions, intensity of rivalry, and barrier to entry.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the coming 10 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Portuguese defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Portuguese defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Portuguese defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter's Five Force Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts.
OGMA, EID, Edisoft, EMPORDEF TI Inc., ENVC, Indra Sistemas Portugal, AgustaWestland Portugal, Arsenal Alfeite, Fabrequipa, Critical Software
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit