Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/11/2012 -- What does the future hold for stevia in the bakery and snack categories? This presentation attempts to answer that question, examining consumer attitudes toward sugar consumption, low calorie sweeteners, stevia use, new product launch trends, and more.
- Natural sweeteners hold considerable allure, and stevia is one of the newer and more promising natural sweeteners on the market.
- See where stevia is trending by category and country. Examine case studies of new products formulated with stevia to see how it is being used.
- Understand current consumer attitudes toward sugar, and how consumers feel about artificial sweeteners. See where stevia fits in as a solution.
Stevia has been used for centuries in South America to sweeten hot drinks, but the plant-based sweetener is new to most consumers in the United States, and many other developed country markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This presentation will benchmark where stevia is right now, and where it has the potential to go in the future. Consumer attitudes toward sugar and artificial sweeteners will be examined with the goal of identifying where stevia could prosper in the future.
Stevia is not without challenges. The sweetener can have a licorice-like aftertaste and may require the use of a bulking agent in many products. These issues aside, product innovations in global markets offer hope and direction for where stevia could be headed next.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How concerned are consumers about the use and safety of artificial sweeteners in food and beverage products?
- Where is stevia use in packaged food and beverage products trending globally?
- What product categories and industries show the greatest inclination to use stevia as a sweetener?
- What challenges will food makers have to overcome to use stevia in their new products?
- What areas do industry watchers see stevia having the greatest potential for future growth?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Future Flavor Trends in Food: New opportunities in sensory innovation
- Growth Strategies in Bakery and Cereals: Key trends and future product opportunities
- The Future of Snacks: Category convergence, NPD and key trends driving growth opportunities in snacks
- Consumer Trends in the Savory Snacks in Brazil
- Consumer Trends in the Savory Snacks Market in the UK
- Consumer Trends in the Bakery & Cereals Market in Russia
- Emerging Ingredients in Food and Drinks: Growth opportunities in flavors and formulation by product category
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Italy, 2011
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in Spain, 2011
- The Future of the Bakery & Cereals Market in the UK, 2011