New Computer Technology research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/21/2012 -- This research study on the GaN semiconductors market gives a detailed overview of the global GaN semiconductors market in the present scenario, and discusses the history, evolution, market by technology (substrate & epitaxy materials and transistor technologies), market by products and devices, market by application segments, and by geography. Each classification done for the global GaN semiconductors market has an extensive segmentation with market estimates and forecasts till 2022 for each sub-market in terms of both - revenue and volume. The major GaN semiconductor products - namely the power semiconductors and optosemiconductors are analyzed in great detail throughout the research study in every type of classification.
GaN has turned out to be the choice for most of the power semiconductor applications and is quickly replacing the existing silicon technology. The various properties of GaN such as wider bandgap, high break-down voltage, larger critical electric field, and higher thermal conductivity let the GaN devices operate at higher voltages, high switching frequencies, handle higher power density, and offer enhanced power efficiency than the pure Si devices. These properties allow the GaN discretes like Schottky diodes, MOSFETs, and the other advanced transistors to operate at much higher voltage levels, which are difficult for the counterpart Si devices. GaN power semiconductors also help in reducing the conduction and switching losses, thereby offering higher efficiency in electronic systems. The major application segments of GaN power semiconductors currently are the inverters (& converters), RF devices, power supply modules, and motor drives being used across all the end user verticals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the aspect of opto-semiconductors, GaN has been increasingly used in LEDs, laser diodes, and optocouplers due to the primary characteristic of GaN showing much brighter emission characteristics than the other materials such as Si, SiC, GaAs, and GaP. AlGaN, mixed with GaN, is used in opto-semiconductors designed for high-brightness and ultra-high brightness applications that operate at wavelengths<400 nm. This market is expected to have healthy demand due to the markets growing for green, blue, violet, purple, ultra-violet, and white LEDs. The growing market for solid state lighting applications in several areas of the Consumer Electronics, Computers, Automotive, Industrial and Military, Aerospace & Defense sectors is expected to boost the GaN opto-semiconductors market revenue over the years to come.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Quantum Dots (QD) Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- Power Management Integrated Circuits (IC) Market to 2020- Alternative Energy Markets and Energy Efficient Portable Gadgets to Drive Sales Growth
- Laser Technologies, Components & Applications Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Logic Integrated Circuit (IC) Market to 2020 - Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Application Specific Standard Product (ASSP) Dominate with a 78% Market Share
- Integrated Circuits (IC) for eBook Readers and Tablet PCs Market to 2020 - Wi-Fi Connectivity and OS Compatibility To Drive Growth
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis
- Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit & Through-Silicon Via Interconnects Market - Global Forecast & Trend Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Products & Applications
- Touch Controller IC Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016)
- Global Semiconductor Marketplace: Industry Verticals, Growth Drivers, and Forecast 2012 - 2017
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)