New Biotechnology market report from Markets and Markets: "Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/12/2014 -- This market study is segmented by product (Instruments, Consumables, and Services), by technology (Nucleic acid extraction & purification, PCR, DNA sequencing, and DNA microarray), by application (Diagnostics, Drug discovery, Academic research, Agriculture& Animal research, Personalized medicine, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW).
The global genomics market was valued at an estimated $11.11 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 12.0% from 2013 to 2018. The largest segment in the products market was the consumables segment, which accounted for over 60% of the total market revenues. This segment is expected to witness continued growth, owing to the increasing commercial adoption of genomic testing for various applications. The PCR segment constitutes the largest technology segment in the global market. Technological advances in d-PCR are expected to aid the growth of this segment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Increasing government funding and technological advancements are expected to positively influence the market growth, while the decline in average selling prices of instruments and services is expected to be tempered by the increase in genetic testing volumes.The expanding application of genomics research and testing, aided by declining cost of instruments and consumables presents several growth opportunities for market participants in the manufacturing and services industry. This report details the technology roadmap of innovations in this market in conjunction with strategies adopted by market players ofall Tiers. The mergers and acquisitions as well as alliances and agreements witnessed by the global market in the last ten years have been analyzed to identify acquisition motives and growth opportunities and strategies for market players of all Tiers.
The global genomics instrument and consumables segments were further categorized into nucleic acid extraction and purification systems, PCR, DNA microarrays, DNA sequencers, and NGS platforms. The Consumables segment of the global market held the maximum share among all other product segments.
The major drivers of the global market are extensive government funding in gene-related researches and increase in demand for clinical application such as personalized medicine. Technological innovations, and low cost and time associated with DNA-sequencing are also expected to influence the market growth during the forecast period; however, decreasing average selling prices of genomics instruments and services, and increased market consolidation are anticipated to challenge the market growth.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Roche Diagnostic, Life Technologies, Corp., QIAGEN, Illumina, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market [Platforms (Illumina HiSeq, MiSeq, Life Technologies Ion Proton/PGM, 454 Roche), Bioinformatics (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq), (Pyrosequencing, SBS, SMRT), (Diagnostics, Personalized Medicine)] - Global Forecast to 2017
- Cancer/Tumor Profiling Market [Applications (Personalized Medicine, Diagnostics, Biomarker Discovery, Prognosis, Research), Technologies (NGS, QPCR, IHC, FISH/CISH, Microarray), Segments: Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Epigenetics)] 2013 - 2018
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Physical Security Market By Products (Video surveillance, Access Control, Biometrics, Intrusion Detection, Security Systems), Services (Remote Management, Technical Support, Security Consulting) Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Cloud Billing Market [By Solution (Billing of Cloud Services, Billing Services on Cloud), By Delivery (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), By Users (SMB, Enterprises)]: Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Cloud Storage Market (Incl. Cloud Storage Gateways, Backup & Recovery, Data Movement & Access, Data Replication, Hsm & Archiving, Security And Storage Resource Management Solutions) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2018)
- Big Data Market By Types (Hardware; Software; Services; BDaaS - HaaS; Analytics; Visualization as Service); By Software (Hadoop, Big Data Analytics and Databases, System Software (IMDB, IMC): Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Communications Test and Measurement Market [Solutions (Wireless, Wireline), Type of Test (Enterprise, Field Network, Lab And Manufacturing, Network Assurance), Services; End Users] - Global Advancements, Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Bioinformatics Market By Sector (Molecular Medicine, Agriculture, Research & Forensic), Segment (Sequencing Platforms, Knowledge Management Tools & Data Analysis Services) & Application (Genomics, Proteomics & Drug Design) - Global Forecasts to 2017
- Service Delivery Platform (SDP) Market - Worldwide Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)