Fast Market Research recommends "Germany Infrastructure Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/13/2014 -- The lack of investment in the German economy poses a major downside risk to the recovery of the construction sector. Neither the government in the form of infrastructure investment nor the private sector in real estate is investing enough to maintain growth. We expect growth to reach 2% in 2015 . While we are not forecasting a return to recession in the German construction sector, the risks of the eurozone and Ukraine crisis have weighed on confidence and will keep growth subdued over our ten-year forecast period to 2023. An upside risk in the form of government infrastructure investment to help the economy exists, although austerity will be the overriding goal.
Low levels of domestic investment remains are largest concern for the market, which will largely go towards maintaining and upgrading ageing infrastructure rather than major new projects. We highlight overall investment levels remain muted and major projects will be subject to constrained budgets and strong opposition, as experienced by Stuttgart 21. Over our ten-year forecast period to 2023, the construction industry will average real growth of 1.4%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- The 2015-2018 federal budget has been adopted by the coalition government, which will see spending on transport infrastructure reach EUR11.9bn over the time period. However, pledges to invest a total of EUR23bn after the election seem unlikely to appear as the government aims to keep a tight rein on expenditure.
- Low interest rates have made mortgages affordable and German real estate has been viewed as a safe haven for European investors. As such, there has been significant growth in house prices, which should spur the residential sector.
- Due to unfavourable economics, gas-fired regeneration power plants are becoming unprofitable. Also, EU legislation will hit the coal fired generation project pipeline. As such, it is the renewables sector which will drive growth in the energy and utilities sector, and...
The Germany Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Germany Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the German infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Germany to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the German infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the German infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Germany.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Uganda Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Romania Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Brazil Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Philippines Business Forecast Report Q1 2015