New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/09/2014 -- Germany's medicine pricing regime will continue to restrict drugmakers' revenue streams. T he price freezes, cuts and discounts implemented in Germany are having a contagious effect, putting further pressure on drugmakers looking to benefit from marketing their products in other European markets. Despite this situation, Germany will remain an attractive market to drugmakers. The long-term and clear nature of the price measures implemented by the government can be viewed as a restructuring of the country's medicine pricing methodologies in comparison with the numerous emergency measures implemented by governments in southern Europe - which are highly disruptive to drugmaker s'strategies and revenue streams.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: EUR40.02bn (USD52.82bn) in 2013 to EU39.95bn (USD53.53bn) in 2014; -0.2% in local currency terms and 1.3% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: EUR303.67bn (USD400.85bn) in 2013 to EUR310.12bn (USD415.57bn) in 2014; +2.1% in local currency terms and 3.7% in US dollar terms .
Risk/Reward Rating: In BMI's Q414 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings, Germany is ranked as the most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Western European region, which covers 15 key markets.
Key Trends And Developments
- In July 2014, German drugmaker Boehringer Ingelheim was accused of withholding important evidence from regulators regarding its anticoagulant Pradaxa (dabigatran). The British Medical Journal (BMJ) has alleged that the drugmaker failed to share information with the FDA and the European Medicines Agency about the benefits of monitoring blood plasma levels and adjusting dosages to ensure the safety and effectiveness of Pradaxa. According to BMJ, internal documents of the company from 2011 show that some employees were concerned that if they advise the monitoring of Pradaxa levels it could affect the marketing case for the drug.
- In July 2014, it was reported that German healthcare company
The Germany Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Germany Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the German pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Germany to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the German pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the German pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Germany.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014