New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Germany Telecommunications Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/19/2014 -- Consolidation is driving the German telecommunications market as operators strive to reinvent themselves as full converged service providers. O2 has acquire d E-Plus, Vodafone has gained control of Kabel Deutschland Group, and cable and broadband operators are exchanging assets that will bolster their presence in key cities. Low value voice and messaging services are being superseded by data-centric services as more consumers demand 'everything everywhere' access. Consequently, business strategies are being reforged and investment budgets geared as much towards the development of differentiated services as next-generation infrastructure. The shift of one MVNO from low-value prepaid to high-value postpaid plans conveys the story set to play out over the next five years. BMI believes t he German competitive landscape is changing quickly and that many of today's players will not stay the course.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscriptions forecast to rise from 115.2mn in 2013 to 121.1mn by the end of 2018, despite continued net losses at Vodafone. Market is buoyed by robust MVNO expansion and customer migration to 4G (LTE).
- Improved mobile subscriber mix and the loss of non revenue-generating inactive subscriptions at Vodafone (and likely also at O2 after the E-Plus acquisition) should lead to a small improvement in the rate of ARPU erosion. However, the trend remains downward overall. BMI forecasts industry average ARPUs to fall from EUR13.9 in 2013 to EUR12.3 in 2018.
In July 2014, Telefonica Deutschland (which operates in Germany under the O2 brand) completed its agreement to acquire rival E-Plus from KPN of the Netherlands. KPN acquired a 24% stake in the enlarged business (although it will quickly divest some of this stake) and EUR3.7bn in cash. The deal received approval from the European Commission after O2 undertook to hive off spectrum and network capacity to a new player; it signed an agreement...
The Germany Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Germany's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Germany Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Germany.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Germany to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the German telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Germany's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Germany.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014