DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/05/2019 -- Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Glaucoma is the leading cause of global irreversible blindness. Glaucoma worldwide was found to be 64.3 million in 2013 and is estimated to reach 76.0 million in 2020 and expected to be 111.8 million by 2040.
2. Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in the United States and other industrialized countries. There are currently over 3 million people living with Glaucoma in the United States.
3. The estimated overall glaucoma prevalence in ?40 years of age was 2.1%, 2.3 million cases were among people 60 years of age and older.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Glaucoma market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Glaucoma epidemiology and Glaucoma market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Glaucoma market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Glaucoma market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Glaucoma market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Glaucoma market.
Request for sample pages
"Open-angle glaucoma prevalence in men was double that in women"
The main goals of glaucoma treatment are slowing disease progression and the preservation of quality of life. Reduction of intraocular pressure is the only proven method for glaucoma treatment.
Considerable efforts have been made to develop neuroprotective glaucoma treatments that prevent optic nerve damage. Despite all these available treatments, unfortunately, no competent evidence exists that these agents can prevent disease progression in patients with glaucoma, which is the major impediment in market growth. In part, neuroprotection has not succeeded because of an incomplete understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms associated with optic nerve damage. The detailed understanding of pathophysiology may change and drive the glaucoma treatment market in the future.
In order to overcome the current unmet needs, frequent research for the development of novel drugs for glaucoma treatment is ongoing. Increasing acquisitions and collaborations between key players, research and development, along with the emerging pipeline drugs, are expected to create a lucrative environment for the growth of Glaucoma treatment market in the forecast period.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Glaucoma treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
And many others
The key players in Glaucoma market are:
1. Ocular Therapeutix
2. Santen Pharmaceutical
3. Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical
4. Nicox Ophthalmics
5. Glaukos Corporation
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Glaucoma Market Overview at a Glance
3. Glaucoma Disease Background and Overview
4. Glaucoma Epidemiology and Patient Population
4.1. Assumptions and Caveats
4.2. 7MM Prevalent cases of Glaucoma (2017-2028)
4.3. Type-Specific cases of Glaucoma (2017-2028)
4.4. Gender-Specific cases of Glaucoma (2017-2028)
4.5. Age-Specific cases of Glaucoma (2017-2028)
4.6. Diagnosed and Treatable cases of Glaucoma (2017-2028)
4.7. Glaucoma Country- Wise Epidemiology
4.8. United States
4.10. Assumptions and Rationale
4.15. United Kingdom
5. Glaucoma Treatments & Medical Practices
6. Glaucoma Marketed Therapies
6.1. LUMIGAN: Allergan
6.2. Xalatan: Pfizer
7. Glaucoma Emerging Therapies
8. Key Cross Competition
8.1. OTX-TP: Ocular Therapeutix
8.2. Sepetaprost: Santen Pharmaceutical
9. Glaucoma Market Size
10. 7MM Glaucoma Country-Wise Market Analysis
11. United States Market Size
12. Germany Market Size
13. France Market Size
14. United Kingdom Market Size
15. Spain Market Size
16. Italy Market Size
17. Japan Market Size
18. Report Methodology
19. DelveInsight Capabilities
21. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.