DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/27/2019 -- Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) - Market and Epidemiology Report
26 Feb. 19
The incidence of new diagnoses made annually is 2 to 3 per 100,000 people in the United States and Europe.
1. Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is the most common type of malignant brain tumour, with ~2,200 cases diagnosed each year in which ~1,300 men and ~900 women in England.
2. Glioblastoma Multiforme accounts for 12% to 15% of all intracranial tumours and 50% to 60% of astrocytic tumours.
3. There are two subtypes of glioblastoma that include: glioblastoma, IDH-wild type (90%), frequently defined as primary or de novo predominated in patients over 55 years of age and glioblastoma, IDH mutant (10%) which called secondary with malignant transformation from low grade glioma, common in younger patients under 45 years old.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast- 2028
Key topics covered
1. This DelveInsight report will help to develop Business Strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market.
2. Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market.
3. To understand the future market competition in the Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market.
Request for sample pages
"Glioblastomas represent about 15% of all primary brain tumours. Glioblastomas are slightly more common in men than in women."
The market size is dominated by the standard treatment which includes microsurgical tumour resection, external beam radiation in combination with temozolomide (TMZ) chemotherapy, and then adjuvant chemotherapy with TMZ alone. In cases of unavoidable tumour recurrence, no clear standard of therapy exists. Re-resection, re-radiation, or changes in the chemotherapeutic drug are general options, but each must be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Nowadays, various companies are working on alternative dosing regimens of TMZ, combination strategies with agents that target complementary or redundant pathways, targeted inhibition of VEGF-signaling pathways, immunotherapy, gene therapy, antiangiogenic agents, poly ADP ribose polymerase inhibitors, or cancer stem cell signalling pathways. It is believed that investigating these novel therapies the market size will change in the upcoming years. The rise in demand for effective therapies with fewer side effects among patients, an upsurge in an incidence of the disease is projected to fuel the growth of the Glioblastoma Multiforme market during the forecast period (2018 - 2028).
Glioblastoma Multiforme companies covered
2. Kazia Therapeutics
3. Novio Pharmaceuticals
4. CytoVac A/S
And many others
Glioblastoma Multiforme Drugs covered
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) Market Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
4. Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Epidemiology of Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) by Countries
5.1. United States
5.3. Assumptions and Rationale
5.8. United Kingdom
6. Current Treatment & Medical practices
7. Unmet Needs of the Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
8. Marketed Therapies
8.1. Drug A: Company 1
8.2. Drug B: Company 2
9. Pipeline Therapies– At a glance
10. Key Cross Competition
11. Emerging Therapies for Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
11.1. Drug C: Company 3
11.2. Drug D: Company 4
12. Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) 7MM Market Analysis
12.1. 7MM Market Size of Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
12.2. 7MM Percentage Share of drugs marketed for Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
12.3. 7MM Market Sales of Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) by Products
13. Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) Country-Wise Market Analysis
13.1. United States
13.2.5. United Kingdom
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
17. Report Methodology
18. DelveInsight Capabilities
20. About DelveInsight