Fast Market Research recommends "Global Airport Retailing 2013" from Verdict Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/21/2013 -- Global airport retailing seemed to be recovering in 2011 with both passenger numbers and spending per passenger increasing, but 2012 has proved patchier with Europe in particular slowing dramatically. Growth in Asia Pacific, however, continues at a breathtaking pace.
- Inform your international expansion strategies using forecasts to 2016 of regional sales, passenger volumes, and spend per passenger.
- Select the most suitable products for your retail operations by using our regional category sales data and our forecasts of product categories to 2016
- New! Category forecasts by region to 2016.
- Benchmark your company's performance by accessing profiles of ten key airport retailers including details of their global market share.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We estimate that overall airport retail sales will have increased by 9.8% in 2012 to $32.6bn. Continuing strong growth in Asia Pacific, through rising numbers of passengers and increasing average spend per passenger, will see this region's share of the world total soar - to 46.9% in 2016 from 34.3% in 2011.
Despite continuing economic problems around the world, the outlook for airport retailing is a positive one. There will be growth in developed economies in passenger numbers and sales per head but at a slower pace than over the last decade or so. Emerging economies will continue their rapid growth taking them to around half the sector by 2016.
The larger airport operators have restructured their operations so they operate like major retail chains: central buying; integrated supply chains and common IT & systems. They are in a position to exploit economies of scale and acquisition is becoming more commonplace in the airport retail sector.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which product categories are forecast to deliver the most robust growth in which regions?
- What product, marketing and channel innovations and strategies should my company consider in order stay on top of market developments?
- How did the largest airport retailers perform in 2012, where are their operations located, what are their main retail formats and plans for expansion?
- Where are passenger volumes increasing most rapidly, and how will this impact on regional passenger compositions arriving at retail destinations?
- Which regions have the highest appetite for beauty, fashion and accessories, electronics, food and confectionary, alcohol and tobacco?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Airport Retail Trends, 2012-2013
- Global Business Travelers' Airport Retail Trends, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends of Business Travelers in North America, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends of Business Travelers in Europe, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends in Europe, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends in Asia-Pacific, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends of Business Travelers in Asia-Pacific, 2012-2013
- Global Airport Retailing: Market Size, Retailer Strategies and Competitor Performance
- Global Online Retailing Market Size and Forecast to 2015
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Airport Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence