New Materials research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/02/2012 -- Biopesticides are beneficial to ecological chain and environment and are also effective in controlling agricultural pest. The hazards caused to the environment by chemical pesticide residues can be alleviated with the help of biopesticides. Phasing-out of highly toxic pesticides proved to be winning imperative for biopesticides market, opening new growth paths for introduction of less toxic biopesticide products.
Various types of biopesticides such as bioinsecticide, biofungicide, bioherbicide, bionematicides, etc. are used for different applications like seed treatment on farm application and others. Growth in biopesticides market is rising with increasing organic products consumption which is driven by important factors such as increasing consumer awareness towards organic benefits. Governments in different countries have already started encouraging for the development of biopesticides due to their low toxicity, safety, and high efficacy in pest control.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In terms of active ingredient, microbial biopesticides such as bacteria, protozoa, fungi, and virus dominated the global biopesticides market with over 63% share. Botanical extracts and semio-chemicals are another popular market segments. These biopesticides can be used to control wide variety of pests although every single active ingredient shows relative specificity for its target. Bacillus thuringiensis or Bt and its subspecies are the most broadly used microbial biopesticides. Permanent crops such as orchard and plantation crops dominate the biopesticides market. Demand for biopesticides for permanent crops is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 16.1% from 2012 to 2017.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedia, directories, and databases to identify and collect information useful for this extensive commercial study of biopesticide market. The primary sources - experts from related industries and suppliers have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information as well as to assess the future prospects of biopesticides.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Ceramic Sanitary Ware - Global Market Trends & Forecasts By Product & Technology (2011 - 2016)
- Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2011-2012: Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecasts, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Virtualization Global Advancements, Business Models, Technology Roadmap, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Head-up Display (HUD) Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market Growth
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Global Smart Education & Learning Market Advanced Technologies, Digital Models, Adoption Trends & Worldwide Market Forecast (2012 - 2017)