Fast Market Research announces the availability of the new Timetric report, "Global Coal Mining to 2020", on their comprehensive research portal
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2015 -- Global reserves of coal totaled 891.5 billion tones at the end of 2014, according to BP Statistical Review of World Energy. Of these, around 45.2% are bituminous grade and coking type, with sub-bituminous and lignite-graded coal accounting for the rest. A major part of global coal reserves are located in the US, followed by Russia, China, Australia, India and Germany, which collectively account for 76.9% of the global total. Globally, coal is mainly produced in six countries, with China, the US, India, Australia, Indonesia and Russia collectively accounting for 81.1% of global production in 2014.
- Most of the global reserves are located in the US, which has 237.3 billion tonnes or a 26.6% share of the global total, followed by Russia (157 billion tonnes), China (114.5 billion tonnes), Australia (76.4 billion tonnes), India (60.6 billion tonnes) and Germany (40.5 billion tonnes). Other significant producers include Ukraine (33.8 billion tonnes), Kazakhstan (33.6 billion tonnes), South Africa (30.1 billion tonnes) and Indonesia (28.0 billion tonnes).
- Global thermal and coking coal prices; declined by 23% and 26% respectively in 2014 over the previous year. The CFR price of low volatile hard coking coal averaged US$126 per tonne in 2014, down by 22% over 2013, due to oversupply and deteriorating demand in China.
- Although coal has played a significant role in the global electricity sector so far, the fossil fuel is gradually losing its significance and its consumption is expected to decline in the long term with natural gas and renewable sources playing an increasing role.
Get More Details on this Report and a Full Table of Contents at Global Coal Mining to 2020
The report contains an overview of the global coal mining industry together with the key demand drivers affecting the industry. Further, it provides information about reserves, historic and forecast production and consumption, reserves and production by country, grade and type, consumption by end-use sector, major exporting and importing countries, competitive landscape and key active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Coal India Ltd, China Shenhua Energy Company Ltd, Peabody Energy Corporation, Glencore Plc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coal Mining in the US to 2020
- Coal Mining in Poland to 2020
- Coal Mining in Canada to 2020
- Coal Mining in China to 2020
- Coal Mining in Zimbabwe to 2020