New Materials research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/16/2012 -- The concrete admixtures are the chemical formulations added in particular quantity to cement or concrete to meet the functional, aesthetic, and design requirement of civil structures. These are nowadays widely used in the construction of residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure projects. The benefits derived from the use of admixtures include improved durability; strength; chemical resistance; color; reduction in water and cement requirement; and enhanced working properties of concrete. These are of two types - mineral and chemical. Mineral admixtures include fly ash, silica slag, and rice husk ash; while chemical admixtures include super-plasticizers, normal plasticizers, accelerating agents, retarding agents, air entraining-agents, waterproofing admixtures, and others such as corrosion inhibitors and coloring agents. The report covers qualitative aspect of mineral admixtures and detailed volume (kilo tons) and value ($million) forecasts of chemical admixtures by types and geography.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The geographic segments include Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe, North America, and South America. The application segments include residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure. The market is derived by studying cement consumption trends, its use for manufacturing concrete, and average usage of these admixtures by weight for various grades of concrete across these aforesaid geography and application segments. The price trends of these chemicals have been analyzed from annual reports of major players.
Some of the drivers identified for concrete admixtures are improving quality of construction in developing economies, increasing demand for buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, and water retention structures, reduction in water usage, and construction time. The growth in the market is resisted by increasing prices and lack of awareness about admixtures in unorganized sector of construction developers. The opportunities are cited in growing residential requirements; and Middle East and Africa; and high growing economies in Asia-Pacific region. Repair and maintenance applications will also provide opportunities, supported by favorable growth in residential improvement and repair spending, as well as the gradual aging of the housing stock and the fact that many homeowners enjoy remodeling older homes.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Engineering Plastics Market Analysis By Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Flame Retardant Chemicals Market by Type, Application & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Global Modified Starch Market by Raw Materials, Applications & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Global Biopesticides Market Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Aerogel Market by Form and Application - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2017
- Automotive Plastics Market For Passenger Cars: Global Trends & Forecasts To 2016 By Types & Geography
- Global Fluoropolymers Market Analysis by Product Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), Geography, Price Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Global Adhesives & Sealants Market by Type, Applications, Trends, & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)