Recently published research from Timetric, "Global Concrete and Cement Market - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/06/2014 -- Asia-Pacific was the largest regional concrete and cement market, accounting for 61.1% of the global share. Europe and North America were the second- and third-largest regional markets, with respective shares of 18.9% and 11.1%. Growing economies in the Asia-Pacific - particularly China, India, Japan and Indonesia - are expected to support the expansion of the concrete and cement markets, and increase their market shares as the rapid development of the infrastructure, industrial, residential and commercial sectors increases demand for building materials. The shares of the European and North American markets are expected to be 17.6% and 10.0% respectively in 2018, down from 18.9% and 11.1% in 2013, while the Asia-Pacific is forecast to increase its share to 64.1% over the same period.
- The Asia-Pacific prefabricated buildings market recorded a review-period CAGR of 15.94%, outperforming all other regional markets. China contributed the most in the region, holding the largest share of 45.0%, followed by India, Japan, and Indonesia, which constituted respective shares of 5.0%, 3.2% and 2.4%.
- The European concrete and cement market covers the markets of 26 European countries. Russia held the largest share of the market, with 3.7%, followed by France, Germany, Italy and Turkey, with shares of 2.5%, 2.2%, 1.9% and 1.8% respectively. The remaining countries captured shares ranging from 0.02% to 1.2%, demonstrating the diverse market dynamics within the European region.
- The US was the key market in the North American concrete and cement market, as it accounted for an 84.4% share of the market in the same year. The construction industry's demand for concrete and cement, however, declined as a result of the recession, causing the total North American concrete and cement market to record a CAGR of 3.54% during the review period. The market is expected to post a CAGR of 4.06% over the forecast period.
- In Latin American concrete and cement market, Brazil accounted for the largest share (58.9%), followed by Mexico, Argentina and Colombia with respective shares of 21.4%, 10.7% and 9.0%. The Latin American market registered a CAGR of 6.04% during the review period, and is expected to record a CAGR of 4.30% over the forecast period. Brazil is anticipated to be a key source of the demand for concrete and cement in Latin America over the forecast period.
- The Middle East is the smallest regional market for concrete and cement. The UAE was the largest market in this region, accounting for a 48.5% share, followed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain, with shares of 46.4%, 4.5% and 0.6% respectively. The Middle East recorded a CAGR of 1.86% during the review period, and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.85% during the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global concrete and cement market, including:
- Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the concrete and cement market in Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe, North America, Latin America.
- Construction, concrete and cement, cement clinker, factory-made mortars, portland cement, refractory cements, mortars and concretes, other hydraulic cements, ready-mixed concrete, prefabricated structural components
- Breakdown of values at country level (44 countries)
- Analysis of key events and factors driving the concrete and cement market globally
Reasons to Get this Report
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using Timetric's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via review data and forecasts at category and country level
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging Timetric's critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, and competitive pressures
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Lafarge SA, Cemex, SAB de CV, China National Building Material Group Corporation, Holcim Ltd, HeidelbergCement AG
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Concrete Admixtures Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Construction in Austria - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Construction in Myanmar - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Construction in South Korea - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Construction in Switzerland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Construction in Malaysia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Construction in the US - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Global Construction and Mining Machinery Market to 2018 - Market Size, Top 10 Countries, Trends, and Forecasts
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018