New Materials market report from Timetric: "Global Gold Mining to 2020"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2014 -- In 2013, global gold mine production was 2,804 metric tons (t), an increase of 4% over 2012. The major 20 gold producing countries are China, the US, Australia, Russia, South Africa, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Canada, Kazakhstan, Tanzania, Papua New Guinea, Uzbekistan, the Philippines, Mali, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil and Chile. These countries together produce approximately a little more than 70% of the world's annual gold mine production.
- At present, the gold industry contributes to the economic growth of countries, as investments in gold mining are driving increase in production, with upcoming projects planned from 2014 to 2020.
- There are currently several gold projects which are expected to go operational, over the forecast period until 2020 and according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), global gold production is expected to increase to 3,100t by 2015 and 3,300t by 2017.
- Gold mine production is expected to increase overall, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% until 2020, following a growing demand for gold, especially in the jewelry sector in Asia.
- The average grade of gold ore mined has declined over the years. Gold grade from producing mines range from a high of 32.8g/t to a low of 0.1g/t.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of the global gold mining industry together with the key growth factors and restraints affecting the industry. Further, it provides information about reserves, production, prices, competitive landscape and major active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to Get this Report:
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Barrick Gold Corporation, Newmont Mining Corporation, AngloGold Ashanti Limited, Gold Fields Limited, Newcrest Mining Limited, Goldcorp Inc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Precious Metals Mining in Uzbekistan to 2020
- Precious Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Precious Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Global Geoscience Limited (GSC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Top 10 Mining Companies: Company Guide
- Global Metals Exploration NL (GNI) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Osisko Mining Corp. (OSK) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Precious Metals Mining in South Africa to 2020
- Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited (HAR) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Resources Corporation Limited (GRM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile