New Transportation research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/29/2012 -- Global Low (Zero) Emission Vehicle Market - By Degree of Hybridization (Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV), Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle (FHEV), Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) and Pure Electric Vehicle (EV or BEV)) and By Type of Traction Battery Used (Lead Acid Battery, Nickel Cadmium Battery (NiCad), Metal Hydride Battery (NimH) and Lithium Ion Battery, Global Forecast, Trends and Analysis 2012 - 2017
Low emission vehicles are expected to witness good growth as they are being accepted across the globe. Currently, low emission market is dominated by Full Hybrid Electric Vehicles (FHEVs) and expected to remain as market leader during the forecasted period. The market of North America is expected to be the biggest one for FHEVs. However, our research says that market for PHEVs and BEVs will develop at a faster rate due to governments' initiatives to develop charging infrastructure in battery technology. The governments of Europe and China are promoting BEVs due to presence of competitive advantages over the other countries. China can shift to electric vehicle propulsion technology faster than its counterparts due to its ability to heavily invest in its development. Europe is already well equipped when it comes to charging infrastructure for EVs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The most widely used batteries for low emission vehicle market are lead-acid batteries, Nickel-Cadmium batteries (NiCad), metal hydride batteries (NimH), and lithium ion batteries. Till date, the mass produced FHEV cars have been powered by nickel metal-hydride (NiMH) batteries. However, there are certain noticeable rapid shifts in consumption pattern of batteries used for HEVs. Due to high energy density of lithium ion battery, loads of FHEV manufacturers such as Honda Motors (Japan) and Ford Motors (Germany) will be switching over to the lithium ion battery for FHEV. As an outcome, lithium ion battery is expected to capture the lion's share in automotive battery market by 2017.
The global low emission vehicle market was valued $21.13 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow from $27.45 billion in 2012 to $103.13 billion by 2017 at an estimated CAGR of 30.3% from 2012 to 2017. 826.8 thousand low emission vehicle were shipped on a global level for 2011 and the number is expected to reach 3532.1 thousand by 2017, at an estimated CAGR of 27.8% from 2012 to 2017.
For the low emission vehicle market, increase in the global price of petroleum-based fuel; rise in the number of initiatives taken by different governments, ever-increasing availability of different HEV models, and continuous development in battery technology are acting as drivers. Lack of support infrastructure, power, performance, and higher cost as compared to ICE-vehicle end-user segments are acting as restraints. Charging infrastructure market and vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology are the future opportunities for low emission vehicle market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- New Cars: Global Industry Guide
- Laser Technologies, Components & Applications Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Travel and Tourism in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Public-Private Partnership Investments are Driving Rapid Development of Transportation Infrastructure
- Travel and Tourism in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tourism Infrastructure Benefiting From Government Investment
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Travel and Tourism in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of Winter Olympics Will Drive Investments In Tourism Infrastructure
- Travel and Tourism in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games to Promote Tourism Growth
- Travel and Tourism in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)