Fast Market Research recommends "Global Maritime VSAT Market 2014-2018" from TechNavio, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/03/2014 -- VSAT is the acronym of Very Small Aperture Terminal, the term 'Very Small' coming from relatively small sized antenna mounted on walls, roof tops or ground. VSATs are communication terminals that transmit and receive text, audio, and video data using satellite broadband internet services. A VSAT network comprises a main station or hub and other sites located at remote places, which communicate with the satellite. These networks provide good wireless broadband connectivity in remote areas where wireline connectivity is not possible. To transmit and receive data, VSAT systems and applications make use of geostationary satellites that are placed in the geostationary orbit over the equator at an altitude of 35,786 kilometres.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Maritime VSAT market to grow at a CAGR of 8.01 percent over the period 2014-2018.
Covered in this Report
The Global Maritime VSAT market can be segmented into two segments as Services and Terminals, which is further divided into four sub-segments. Services include Ku-band Services, L-band Services, C-band Services and HTS Services, whereas Terminals include Ku-band Terminals, L-band Terminals, C-band Terminals and HTS Terminals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
TechNavio's report, the Global Maritime VSAT market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Maritime VSAT market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Harris CapRock Communications Inc.
- Hughes Satellite Systems Corp.
- Inmarsat plc
- KVH Industries Inc.
- RigNet Inc.
- ViaSat Inc.
- VT iDirect Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- STM Networks Inc.
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
- Vizada (EADS Group)
- MTN Satellite Communications Inc.
- Radio Holland
- Increasing demand for lower operational cost
- On board technical issue
- Adoption of IP based application
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Harris CapRock Communications Inc., Hughes Satellite Systems Corp., Inmarsat plc, KVH Industries Inc., RigNet Inc., ViaSat Inc., VT iDirect Inc., STM Networks Inc., Comtech Telecommunications Corp., Vizada (EADS Group), MTN Satellite Communications Inc., Eutelsat, OmniAccess, Radio Holland, SpeedCast, Satcom, Telespazio
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Maritime VSAT Market 2012-2016
- Global Satellite Communication Market in the Oil and Gas Industry 2014-2018
- Global Wi-Fi Market - Global Advancements, Business Models, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- The Global Maritime and Border Security Market 2014 - 2024
- Maritime Security Market - Global Market Forecast & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Maritime Security Market [Access Control & Biometrics (Finger, Face, Voice, Iris); Surveillance and Tracking (Underwater, Video, AIS, LRIT, Imaging); Detectors; SCADA; GIS; Communications (Satellite, Radio)] - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Global Maritime Security Market 2014-2018
- The Global Military Simulation and Virtual Training Market 2014-2024
- Situation Awareness System Market by Products (Access Control, PSIM, HMI, Video Systems, CBRN), Verticals (Homeland Security, Defense), Applications (Robots, Business Intelligence, Connected Cars, Smart Infrastructure) & Geography (2013 - 2020)
- Global Offshore Supply Vessel (OSV) Market 2014-2018