Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/26/2012 -- This report analyses the Modified starch market by raw material, applications, and geography. By geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World. The modified starch products included in this report are mainly based on application types. The applications covered in this report are Food, Non-food (industrial), and Feed. In various applications the purpose of using modified starch is different and depends on the end-use and the functional characteristics of the modified starch and also on upstream factors like availability of type of modified starch and the commodity it is extracted from. The market is estimated from consumption side of the market.
This report estimates the market size of the global modified starch market both in terms of volume and value. It discusses market drivers, restraint and opportunity, raw material, and product price trends. It also includes value chain analysis and patent analysis. It also tracks the recent activities of market players in terms of product launches, expansion plans, supply contracts, and partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the top players of the modified starch market have been profiled in this report.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The modified starch market report covers its consumption across regions. It is analyzed in terms of volume (thousand tons) consumed in each region. The increasing awareness about convenience food, especially convenience health food, functional food, and the increasing dependency of application industry on the functional properties of starch are driving the growth in aerogel production. Also the drive amongst consumers for natural ingredients in food and feed industry adds to the demand for starch. The modified starch variants are natural derivatives from the starch, chemically enhanced for stability in diverse processing conditions. These are markedly different from the genetically modified variants, which mutate the native starch. These, hence, will have increasing consumer acceptance with maturing markets. The array of inherent native starch characteristics, chemicals, and techniques used for modifications means that there are endless variants of modified starches available to suit every application sector. Costs associated with its manufacturing are dependent heavily on the raw material availability and the stringent measures and techniques used for chemical modification. Also the bio-fuel policies have resulted in shortage of availability of corn (Maize) and wheat in U.S. and Europe for starch extraction purposes. The resulting high prices of these prime sources of starch are acting as a restraint for modified starch market growth.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Active, Smart and Intelligent packaging market by products, applications, trends and forecasts (2010-2015)
- Global Food and Beverage Metal Cans Market by Raw Materials, Sizes and Shapes, Applications, Price Trends and Forecast, 2011-2016
- Flame Retardant Chemicals Market by Type, Application & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Industrial Robotics Market - Global Forecast & Analysis By Applications, Functions, Product & Geography (2012 - 2017)
- Global Engineering Plastics Market Analysis By Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Aerogel Market by Form and Application - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2017
- Biodegradable Plastics Market: by Types (Starch, PLA, PHA, PCL, and PBS), Applications, Regulations, Prices, Trends & Forecast (2011 - 2016)
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices (Discretes & ICs) Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- GLOBAL CORROSION INHIBITORS -water & oil based, Organic & Inorganic Type, Applications, Raw materials Trends and Forecasts (2010 - 2015)
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis