The Report PharmaPoint: Bipolar Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/14/2016 -- Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder characterized by periods of mania and depression. The frequency, severity, and pattern of these episodes can vary considerably over time and between individuals, making bipolar disorder one of the most challenging psychiatric disorders to manage. The bipolar disorder market is widely genericized, with additional key brands expected to face patent or data exclusivity expiries during the forecast period. The bipolar disorder market size is anticipated to contract significantly between 2014 and 2024, driven largely by the generic erosion of Otsukas Abilify, the highest selling bipolar disorder product in 2014. The uptake of novel atypical antipsychotic products will be a principal driver of growth over the forecast period, as these products offer clinical advantages that will drive strong uptake. However, sales of these agents will be limited by the continued utilization of established generic products. There are currently only two products in Phase III development, which indicates that bipolar disorder will remain a field of high unmet need during the forecast period.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/725328
Key Questions Answered
- The bipolar disorder market is heavily genericized and many key players have chosen to deprioritize the indication. In light of this, what are the current clinical and environmental unmet needs? Will there be opportunities in this market for drug developers throughout the forecast period?
- The current late-stage bipolar disorder pipeline is sparse, with only two products in Phase III development. What impact will these drugs have on the market? How will they affect the treatment algorithm for bipolar disorder? Will these drugs fulfil any of the unmet needs for bipolar disorder?
- The management of bipolar disorder patients is challenging and a large number of variables can impact treatment outcomes. How does the diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder differ amongst the 8MM? Which treatment options are most commonly prescribed in each market, and how will prescribing patterns change over the forecast period?
- The main driver of growth in the bipolar disorder market will be the uptake of novel atypical antipsychotic products, such as Otsuka/Lundbecks Abilify Maintena and Allergan/Gedeon Richter/Mitsubishi Tanabes Vraylar. These agents are forecast to be the highest selling bipolar disorder products by 2024, accounting for 34.9% of the bipolar disorder market in the 8MM.
- There are very few products approved for the treatment of major depressive episodes, despite the fact that patients most commonly experience this episode type. This unmet need is not expected to be addressed during the forecast period due to the sparsity of the late-stage pipeline.
- The biggest barrier for growth in the bipolar disorder market will be fierce competition from generic products. This limits market opportunities for new and existing players, as uptake of novel pipeline products would be hindered by their premium price point.
- Considerable opportunity remains for products with superior safety profiles compared to the currently available drugs. KOLs noted that EPS and metabolic changes were significant concerns related to the antipsychotic drugs.
Download Sample copy of this Report at : http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/725328
- Overview of bipolar disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized bipolar disorder market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the bipolar disorder therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on two late-stage pipeline bipolar disorder drugs, discussing emerging trends as well as an overview of earlier phase drugs and a top-line analysis of off-label treatments.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global bipolar disorder therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global bipolar disorder therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global bipolar disorder therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global bipolar disorder therapeutics market from 2014-2024.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 12
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 24
2 Introduction 26
2.1 Catalyst 26
2.2 Related Reports 27
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 27
3 Disease Overview 28
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 28
3.1.1 Etiology 28
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 30
3.2 Classification 34
3.3 Symptoms 40
3.4 Prognosis 41
4 Epidemiology 43
4.1 Disease Background 43
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 43
4.3 Global Trends 45
4.4 Forecast Methodology 47
4.4.1 Sources Used 53
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 56
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 56
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of Bipolar Disorder (2014-2024) 60
4.5.1 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar Spectrum Disorder 60
4.5.2 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar I 61
4.5.3 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar II 63
4.5.4 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Cyclothymic Disorder 65
4.5.5 Lifetime Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar Spectrum Disorder 67
4.5.6 Age-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar I 68
4.5.7 Age-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar II 70
4.5.8 Age-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Cyclothymic Disorder 72
4.5.9 Sex-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar I 74
4.5.10 Sex-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Bipolar II 76
4.5.11 Sex-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Cyclothymic Disorder 78
4.5.12 Age-Standardized 12-Month Total Prevalence of Bipolar Spectrum Disorder 80
4.6 Discussion 82
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 82
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 83
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 84
5 Disease Management 85
5.1 Diagnosis Overview 85
5.1.1 Clinical Evaluation 85
5.1.2 Screening Tools 86
5.2 Treatment Overview 88
5.2.1 Treatment Initiation and Maintenance Therapy 88
5.2.2 Manic or Mixed Episodes 91
5.2.3 Acute Agitation 93
Read our latest Press Release at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/pressreleases
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207