Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/07/2014 -- Global Restaurants industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global restaurants market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The Restaurants sector is valued according to total sales of all food and drink (soft and alcoholic) in or through restaurants and cafes, fast food retail, drinking places, and other. The restaurants & cafes sector includes full-service restaurants, commercial cafeterias and snack bars. Fast food retail consists of all limited service restaurants, takeaways, street & mobile and leisure vendors. Drinking places are defined as bars, taverns and nightclubs. Other includes home delivery/takeaway, catering, self service, street stalls and kiosks. Sales through vending machines are not included. All sales are valued at the prices paid by consumers, not the prices paid by restaurant operators to their suppliers. Market volumes are classed as the number of individuals employed in foodservice locations.<\li> - The global restaurants industry had total revenues of $2,578.4bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2009 and 2013.<\li> - Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.1% between 2009 and 2013, to reach a total of 62.4 million employees in 2013.<\li> - The performance of the industry is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 7.4% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $3,677.0bn by the end of 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Features of this Report:
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the restaurants market in the global
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalrestaurants market
Leading company profiles reveal details of key restaurants market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global restaurants market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Key Questions Answered:
What was the size of the Global restaurants market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the Global restaurants market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global restaurants market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Darden Restaurants, Inc., McDonald's Corporation, Doctor's Associates Inc. (Subway), Yum! Brands, Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Restaurants: Global Industry Guide
- Global Franchise Architects Co.,Ltd. : Foodservice - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report
- PT Global Red Crispy : Foodservice - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Restaurants in the United States
- Restaurants in Canada
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Restaurants in Germany
- Restaurants in Japan
- Restaurants in Spain