New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/20/2014 -- The Greek telecommunications market remains challenging for all participants, with only continued robust demand for broadband and - interestingly - converged service packages providing the only tangible growth. Besides subdued consumer and enterprise spending power resulting from the government's austerity programme, European Commission-mandated termination rate cuts are squeezing operators further. It is, therefore, not surprising that consolidation among the leading alternative operators seems likelier than ever, with WIND Hellas increasing its stake in ForthNet and an eventual merger of the two considered likely to tempt cash-rich, growth-challenged Vodafone to reconsider acquiring WIND. With incumbent OTE deploying its next-generation VDSL broadband network and enjoying faster pay-TV adoption, the other operators are firmly placed on the back foot and consolidation must surely look more appealing.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscription addition rates were stronger in Q313 than had been expected, possibly as a result of price cuts and a fresh emphasis on low-cost prepaid services, but equally possibly due to customer migration to 4G mobile broadband services. Subscriptions increased by 1.7% y-o-y to 15.508mn.
- However, operators may be holding onto a large number of technically inactive mobile subscriptions and it is increasingly likely future quarters will see sudden slumps in the total number of registered subscriptions as inactive accounts are closed.
- The inclusion of inactive or rarely-used subscriptions weighs on ARPU figures disclosed by operators. Surprisingly, Cosmote outpaced Vodafone in blended ARPU in Q313, with the latter recording ARPU erosion linked to termination rate reductions, as well as a winnowing of its subscription records. BMI forecasts ARPUs to continue declining as part of an overhaul of all our forecasts, which run from 2014 to 2018.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- 2014 Worldwide Wired Telecommunications Carriers Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014