Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- Leading market participants continued to launch products that provided value added benefits. Perms and relaxants was the most dynamic category in value growth terms in 2012 showing an increase of 11% and a volume growth of 4%. With hair being one of the defining characteristics that African women use to transform their appearance and since some of the most popular styles include relaxed hair; this has been one of the main drivers within the category.
L'Oreal remained the leading player in the hair care market in 2012, claiming a current value share of 28% with a broad portfolio of popular global brands including Dark & Lovely, Restore Plus, Garnier and L'Oreal Professional. The company held a leading position in salon hair care, perms and relaxants and styling agents. Procter & Gamble ranked second with a current value share of 18%; their portfolio included Pantene, Clairol Nice?n? Easy, Head & Shoulders and since March 2012, the Aussie brand. The company finished first in the 2-in-1 products and colourants category. Unilever came in third place with a current value share of 15%; this was made up of brands such as Dove, Sunsilk, Organics, TRESemme and VO5; and led the market in shampoo and conditioners. Other prominent players included Amka Products, Avon and Rapidol.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Hair care that provides multiple benefits, such as shampoo that cleans as well as providing hydration/shine/preventing split ends, is expected to continue to perform well over the forecast period. Products that provide extra hydration and moisture will continue to drive the category. It is expected that leading manufacturers will continue to formulate products that deal with and target specific hair care problems. They will thus continue to introduce complete systems to address all hair care needs.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: 2-in-1 Products, Colourants, Conditioners, Hair Loss Treatments, Perms and Relaxants, Salon Hair Care, Shampoos, Styling Agents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Beauty and Personal Care in South Africa
- Hair Colorants Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Facial Care Market in South Africa to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017