DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2019 -- Hairy Cell Leukemia Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Hairy Cell Leukemia total incident population in the 7 major markets found to be 2,364 in 2017.
2. The median age at diagnosis of Hairy Cell Leukemia is 58 years and the disease is four-times more common in men than in women.
3. Hairy Cell Leukemia affects approximately 6,000 persons in the United States.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Hairy Cell Leukemia Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Hairy Cell Leukemia market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Hairy Cell Leukemia Epidemiology and Hairy Cell Leukemia market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Hairy Cell Leukemia market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Hairy Cell Leukemia market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Hairy Cell Leukemia market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Hairy Cell Leukemia market.
Request for sample pages
"Most of the affected individuals are males of 50 years of age or older."
Chemotherapy is the mainstay treatment for Hairy Cell Leukaemia and is effective at killing the cancerous cells. The two chief chemotherapy medications used are cladribine- administered as either an injection just under the skin or via a drip directly into a vein (infusion) and pentostatin- presented as an injection straight into a vein (intravenously) every two weeks. Rituximab, sometimes used in combination with chemotherapy. Its mechanism is by joining to a protein present on leukaemia cells and the immune system then aims and destroy the cells. The Food and Drug Administration has approved the medications the orphan products for the treatment of this condition. Cladribine (Brand name: Leustatin (injection; Company: Ortho Biotec), Moxetumomab pasudotox (Brand name: Lumoxiti; company: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals), & Pentostatin for injection (Brand name: Nipent; company: SuperGen, Inc.). Leustatin and Nipent are the purine analogues been approved as the first line of therapy for the Hairy Cell Leukemia treatment. Since the effect of the PAs Pentostatin and cladribine were discovered in Hairy Cell Leukemia patients, treatment with these drugs currently remains the standard care.
Several companies are working robustly on developing new therapies with a novel mechanism of action; including Ibrutinib (Johnson and Johnson) & Vemurafenib (Roche) which are expected to enter Hairy Cell Leukemia market by 2028.
Overall, the increasing incidence of the disease along with the promising emerging pipeline therapies with a new mechanism of actions will fuel the Hairy Cell Leukemia market during the forecasted period of 2018- 2028.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Hairy Cell Leukemia treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
And many others
The key players in Hairy Cell Leukemia market are:
1. Johnson and Johnson
And many others
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Hairy Cell Leukemia Market Overview at a Glance
3. Hairy Cell Leukemia Disease Background and Overview
4. Hairy Cell Leukemia Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. 7MM Total Incident Patient Population of Hairy Cell Leukemia
6. Hairy Cell Leukemia Country Wise-Epidemiology
6.1. The United States
6.7. The United Kingdom
7. Hairy Cell Leukemia Treatment and Management
8. Unmet Needs
9. Hairy Cell Leukemia Marketed Therapies
9.1. Lumoxiti: AstraZeneca
9.2. Leustatin: Janssen
9.3. Nipent: Pfizer
9.4. Intron A: Merck
9.5. Roferon A: Roche
9.6. Off-label Therapies
9.7. Rituximab: Roche
10. Hairy Cell Leukemia Emerging Therapies
10.1. Key cross competition- Emerging Therapies
10.2. Ibrutinib: Johnson and Johnson/ Pharmacyclics
10.3. Vemurafenib: Roche
11. Hairy Cell Leukemia 7 Major Market Analysis
12. Market Outlook by Country
13. The United States: Market Outlook
13.1.United States Market Size
14. EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
15. Japan: Market Outlook
16. Market Drivers
17. Market Barriers
19. DelveInsight Capabilities
21. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.