New Healthcare research report from Netscribes is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/21/2013 -- India is characterized by the presence of a large diabetic population. The country's status as the diabetes capital of the world has made the need for diabetes prevention and screening very important. Naturally, tests for measuring the blood glucose levels are highly demanded within the country. HbA1c testing in the country is also benefiting from this trend. The ability to measure one's blood glucose levels over a period of 3 months has made it a test favored by many diabetics as well as people who believe they are at high risk of developing diabetes. The market for HbA1c testing has been growing steadily and with the awareness level regarding it increasing rapidly, the market is set to boom in a few years.
Although the test is considered to be very useful for diabetes screening as well as monitoring the diabetes status of a patient, its much higher cost compared to a simple blood sugar level test can act as a hindrance to its greater acceptance. However, the need to go for HbA1c tests only 3-4 times a year unlike the blood sugar level test which may have to be done on a monthly basis may work in favour of the former. Moreover, HbA1c tests give a clearer picture of the diabetes status of a patient as it a measurement of the glucose levels over a period of 3 months. Several physicians also prescribe this test to their patients which in turn will increase its demand and thereby drive growth in the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Several large diagnostic chains offer these tests in India. Majority of the patients going for this test are confirmed diabetics while very few non-diabetics go for this test. Most of the patients visiting laboratories for HbA1c tests have been prescribed to go for the test by a physician with very few people opting for the test on their own. But with increasing awareness among people, this ratio is likely to change and many more people are expected to go for the test independently.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Public Companies, Abbott India Ltd., Axis-Shield plc, Siemens Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, , Private Companies, Apollo Health and Life Styles Ltd., Dr Lal Pathlabs Pvt. Ltd., Metropolis Healthcare Ltd., Quest Diagnostics India Pvt. Ltd., S Serum Analysis Centre Pvt. Ltd., SRL Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Thyrocare Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd., Beckman Coulter India Pvt. Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories (India) Pvt. Ltd., Transasia Bio-medicals Ltd. Trivitron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Physician-based Point of Care Diagnostics: Products, Players and Outlook to 2017
- Global Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Equipment Market - By Technology, Verticals & Geography (2013 – 2018)
- Food Safety Testing Market By Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide, Others), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food, Others) & Geography - Global Trends Forecast to 2018
- North American Food Safety Testing Market by Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food) & Geography -Trends & Forecast to 2018
- European Food Safety Testing Market By Contaminant (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Type (Meat & Poultry Product, Dairy Product, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food) & Country - Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Software Testing Market India 2013
- In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Market - Forecast To 2017
- Signal Generators Market by Products (Arbitrary Waveform, RF, Microwave, Function), Applications (Designing, Testing, Repairing), End Users (Telecommunication, Electronics Manufacturing, Industrial) And Technology (WCDMA, GSM, LTE) - 2013-2018
- DONG Energy AS - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- The Global Missiles and Missile Defense Systems Market 2013-2023