Fast Market Research recommends "Head-up Display (HUD) Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017)" from Markets and Markets, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2012 -- Head-Up Display (HUD) Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017), By Technologies, Components (Projector, Video Generator, Combiner, Panel [LCD, OLED] & Others) & Applications (Aviation [ Military/defense & Civil], Auto & Others)
Head-up display (HUD) superimposes images onto the inner side of the windshield to enable drivers view the information while keeping their eyes on the road. HUD was introduced in military aircrafts industry in early 1940, but its usage was commercialized in 1960s; then it was widely accepted in civil aircrafts as well. It is being used in almost all the aircrafts worldwide. Initially used in military aircraft to display avionics and instrument readings as well as gunsights in front of the pilot, head-up displays migrated to commercial aircraft and later to automobiles. Passenger car systems display vehicle speed and objects detected in a collision avoidance system, such as a deer crossing the road up ahead. Head-up displays (HUDs) are also used in goggles and helmets (see head mounted display).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The HUD has transformed from CRT-based one to ultra-modern MEMS scanning laser-based HUD with multicolor, night vision mode features. A few recently launched HUD have advanced features like 3D, gesture control and voice recognition, etc. All these features are making it more popular and have increased its market penetration. Almost all the HUDs have augmented reality facility. The prices of HUDs are reducing in the automotive market; but they happen to be critical products in civil aircrafts and unavoidable products in combat aircrafts and helicopters.
Earlier, HUD was a standalone system; but many suppliers are combining it with the infotainment systems and instruments clusters. Growth in luxury and sports cars and increase in the avionics segment (where each aircraft requires HUD) are the major drivers for HUD market. Aviation sector is saturated, and hence the market will grow at a slower rate. The growth in the high-end and midsized cars will speed up the market growth of HUD in auto. However, substitute technology such as head mounted display (HMD) hampers the growth of HUD. Inconsistent performance of civil aviation segment is an issue for HUD in aviation sector.
Aviation industry is a saturated market for HUD and hence estimated to have a very slow growth; whereas HUDs are new to the automotive industry and expected to witness good growth over the next five years.
The report contains a detailed outline of the market related to HUD system and its components, technologies, and applications. It also highlights the latest trends in HUD. Geographical segmentation of the HUD market into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World has also been covered.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis
- Laser Technologies, Components & Applications Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Wireless Charging Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecast & Analysis By Technology, Products, and Applications
- Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market Growth
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Immunomodulators Market to 2017 - Immunosuppressant Antibodies to Replace Antimetabolites as the Highest Value Sector by 2017
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Therapeutic Proteins Market to 2017 - High Demand for Monoclonal Antibodies will Drive the Market
- Clinical Chemistry Reagents, Analyzers and Test Kits - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Computed Tomography (CT) Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017