Fast Market Research recommends "Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Austria" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- The performance of health and beauty specialist retailers during 2013 was heavily influenced by the developments surrounding the demise of the former leading drugstores/parapharmacies chain Schlecker, which until its closure in 2012 maintained the strongest outlet network of all health and beauty retailers operating in Austria. During the second half of 2012, Schlecker fell into insolvency and was acquired by the Austrian TAP equity fund. Towards the end of the year, the new owners began to convert all Schlecker drugstores/parapharmacies outlets into convenience stores under their newly introduced brand name Dayli.
Rewe International's Bipa drugstore chain led health and beauty specialist retailers in 2013 with an 11% value share and EUR654 million in value sales. Rewe was followed by dm-Drogerie Markt GmbH & Co KG, the operator of the Dm drugstores/parapharmacies chain with an 8% value share and Muller Ltd & Co, the operator of the Muller drugstores/parapharmacies chain with 4%. These three companies benefited the most from the demise of Schlecker in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Health and beauty specialist retailers is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 2% in constant 2013 terms over the forecast period, rising to EUR6.7 billion in 2018. This is set to be a major improvement on the -1% value CAGR recorded in the channel in constant 2013 terms over the review period. Chemists/pharmacies and other healthcare specialist retailers are expected to register the highest value CAGRs of 3% and 2% in constant 2013 terms respectively over the forecast period. Optical goods stores and beauty specialist retailers, meanwhile, are expected to perform below average, mainly because of falling unit prices due to the ongoing price war in the channel.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Austria?
- Who are the leading retailers in Austria?
- How is consumers' desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists' product mixes being adapted to consumers' changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Switzerland
- Retailing in Poland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Turkey
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Africa
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Denmark
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the US
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom