Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- Health and beauty specialist retailers continued to see a positive performance in 2013 thanks to the health awareness and self-medication trends. Chemists/pharmacies dominated in terms of the number of outlets, driven by local brands. Chemists/pharmacies can be found within department stores, hypermarkets, supermarkets, office buildings and community villages. On the other hand, Boots and Watsons controlled outlets, selling space and retail value sale of parapharmacies/drugstores at the end of the review period. Store expansion, trustworthy brands, imported skin and rejuvenation products, loyalty programmes as well as new product launches were important factors supporting the strong performance of these two brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Central Watson Co Ltd led retail value sales at the end of the review period. The company has expanded Watson's shops aggressively to reach nearly 300 locations nationwide. Loyalty programmes and aggressive marketing campaigns are the reasons customers continue to visit these stores so frequently. The campaign of buying a second piece at Bt1.00 has proven successful. Watson's launched a Bt1.00 promotion for consumers who first buy a participating item at the normal price. This promotion was introduced to Thai consumers over the past few years.
The forecast performance of health and beauty specialist retailers is expected to see the retail value CAGR growth fall compared with the review period in current terms. Domestic and international players will take aggressive action to retain consumers, such as implementing various attractive promotions. The trend toward smartphones and tablets is expected to drive health and beauty specialists to develop accordingly. Many domestic players have engaged in such activities, such as airlines, insurance companies, financial institutions and mobile operators. This might be good for health and beauty specialist retailers, which will consider developing in order to communicate directly to consumers and take advantage of modern trends.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Thailand?
- Who are the leading retailers in Thailand?
- How is consumers' desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists' product mixes being adapted to consumers' changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Beauty Specialist Retailers, Chemists/Pharmacies, Drugstores/Parapharmacies, Optical Goods Stores, Other Healthcare Specialist Retailers.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Russia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Taiwan
- Retailing in Taiwan
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Switzerland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Hungary
- Retailing in Poland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Malaysia