Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Venezuela", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/22/2015 -- Import restrictions and price controls caused high scarcity of several consumer health and personal care products sold at health and beauty specialist retailers in 2014. This situation was evident in OTC medicines such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen but also in deodorants, shampoos, razors, bar soap and others. Consumers frequently found that only one brand or even no brands were available at the store they visited. Such scarcity caused nervous purchases when the product was available and resulted in limited amount per person, as a way to guarantee enough supply to all households. Since prices are low because of the price control, most of the households consider that overstocking at home is a good decision. For instance, you can buy only two shampoo containers in every shopping.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Farmatodo continued leading sales in 2014 due to 147 successful stores. Many of the outlets have 700 sq m and are placed at the best stand-alone locations in the main cities. These sites offer parking and drive-in facilities and some of them offer 24-hour open doors. Other outlets are located within shopping centres and have smaller selling areas. The chain used to show advanced customer services and high level of innovation in previous years but these competitive advantages decreased over the review period as the business environment became more adverse. For instance, the scarcity of personal care affected the comfort of visitors at Farmatodo stores. Now outlets experience long queues of customers waiting for the arrival of the scarcest items such as shampoo and bar soap.
The expected forecast period performance will be less favourable than the performance witnessed over the review period. The effect of price controls and import restrictions will limit the channel development. Retailers will continue facing constraints to apply effective differentiation strategies and implement specific services in the context of the regulatory environment.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Venezuela with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Venezuela, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Venezuela market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Venezuela?
- Who are the leading retailers in Venezuela?
- How is consumers? desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists? product mixes being adapted to consumers? changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Russia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Taiwan