Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/10/2012 -- Healthcare organizations have large amounts of data but often do not have the tools to bring the data together for useful business information and planning. Healthcare analytics is the systematic use of data and related business insights developed through applied analytical disciplines such as, statistical, contextual, quantitative, predictive, cognitive, other including emerging model to drive fact-based decision making for planning, management, measurement and learning. Analytics may be descriptive, predictive or prescriptive.
Healthcare analytics involves application of statistical tools and techniques to healthcare-related data in order to study past situations such as operational performance or clinical outcomes to improve the quality and efficiency of clinical and business processes and performance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The healthcare analytics market is showing a double-digit growth due to supportive elements such as digitization of world commerce, the emergence of big data and the advance of analytical technologies. Healthcare organizations can differentiate themselves through data analytics. Factors such as, federal healthcare mandates, wide scope of predictive analytics and improvements in the financial and operative function are driving the installation of healthcare data analysis in hospitals. While, the major concerns of this market are the security of data, privacy of individual patients and lack of manpower with cross-functional analytical skills. The healthcare analytics market is estimated to be $3.7 billion in 2012 and is growing at a rate of 23.7% from 2012 to 2017 to reach $ 10.8 billion.
Healthcare payers as well as the providers are leading the users of health care analytics for a range of functions from suggesting the most accurate diagnoses, cost reduction, fraud prevention, revenue generation, service improvement to real-time view of the business. The major driver for business analytics is the return on Investments (ROI), with a median of five years, from 10.0% to 1,000.0%.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) offers incentives for hospitals and physicians who adopt technology and document related to patient safety, coordination, and quality of care. Data analytics tools are becoming an attractive purchase for decision makers, even in an economic climate forcing hospital budget cuts, layoffs and closures.
Healthcare Analytics provides several benefits across payers and providers, which are expected to increase, as the healthcare data analytics market is still in the nascent stages. In addition, as the analytics penetrates the Asian market there would be niche benefits, which would be discovered, based on the needs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market - Global Trends, Challenges, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Home Healthcare Equipment Market to 2017 - Increased Prevalence of Chronic Diseases in the Elderly Population to Stimulate Growth
- eClinical Solutions Market - [CTMS, CDMS, EDC, IVRS, ePRO & IRB Systems] Global Trends, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Hospital Information Systems (HIS) - Global Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) - Global Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Healthcare IT Market to 2017 - Electronic Medical Records and Radiology Information Systems to Drive Future Growth
- Radiation Therapy Devices - Global Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- World Sensors Market in Healthcare Applications (2012-2017), Global Forecast & Analysis - Segmentation by Type of Sensor, Monitoring, Therapeutic, Diagnostic, Drug Discovery & Delivery Applications, Geographical & Country-wise Markets
- Clinical Chemistry Reagents, Analyzers and Test Kits - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Tumor Markers - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017