Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/21/2014 -- Healthcare EDI Market by Component (EDI Software, EDI Services), Transactions (Claim Status, Eligibility Verification), Mode of Delivery (Web-based EDI, Mobile EDI, EDI Van) & by End-users (Healthcare Payers, Providers) - Global Forecast to 2018
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) has helped evolve the healthcare market for claims management and supply chain management to depend from paper based to electronic based mode of transactions. The benefits associated with the use of EDI such as cost reductions and reduced time of transactions has helped improve the acceptance of this technology in the healthcare market.
In this report the global healthcare EDI market is broadly segmented by components, type of transactions, end-users, and mode of delivery. The market based on components are further divided into EDI software and EDI services, whereas, the type of transactions are divided into claims status, eligibility verification, payment remittance, referral certification authorization, enrolment/disenrollment transactions, and premium payments. On the basis of end-users the market is sub-segmented into healthcare payers, healthcare providers, and medical equipment/accessories suppliers. Based on mode of deliveries, the market is divided into web-based EDI, point-to-point EDI, mobile EDI, EDI VAN, and EDI via AS2.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- ver the past few years, the healthcare EDI market has shown a substantial growth. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7% from 2013 to 2018 to reach $1,681.1 million by 2018. EDI has been increasingly embraced by the healthcare industry, and is experiencing a growth due to various advantages associated with its use like reduction of the administration costs, reduced errors and time for transfer of claims, and initiatives by various governments. The passing of the Obamacare Act in 2010, in the United States has mandated the use of enrolment/disenrollment transactions between the payers and providers in the U.S., with the North American market contributing the maximum share of the global healthcare EDI market. The European market also occupies a significant share of the global healthcare EDI market, with the Asian regions showing the maximum growth due to various factors like large population, growing burden of diseases, and government initiatives for the support of healthcare IT in these regions.
The prominent players in the global healthcare EDI market include Emdeon Inc. (U.S.), Allscripts (U.S.), Mckesson (U.S.), Optum Health (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.K.), Siemens Healthcare (Germany), SSI Group (U.S.), ZirMed (U.S.), Passport Health communications (U.S.), and Capario (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Healthcare IT Integration Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market - Global Forecast To 2018
- mhealth Apps & Solutions Market By Connected Devices (Cardiac Monitoring, Diabetes Management Devices), Health Apps (Exercise, Weight Loss, Women's Health, Sleep and Meditation), Medical Apps (Medical Reference) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Medical Gases and Equipment Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market - Forecast to 2018
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Vendor Neutral Archive Market & PACS Market - VNA [On-premise Software, Hybrid & Cloud, Multi-Department & Multi-Site VNA] & Picture Archiving and Communication System [Enterprise, Cardiology & Radiology] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- eClinical Solutions Market - Global Forecast to 2018