Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/26/2012 -- GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Philippines". The report is an essential source of information and an analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of Philippines. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market of Philippines. The report also provides insights on the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure of Philippines. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the trends and segmentation of pharmaceutical market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The population of Philippines in 2010 was approximately 94 million and was the 12th most populated country in the world. The increase in the population is primarily due to high birth rate and increase in life expectancy. An increasing elderly population is a matter of concern for the policy planners of Philippines. The pharmaceutical market in Philippines was $3 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach approximately $7.4 billion by 2020 at a projected CAGR of 9.4%.
The positive trend in the healthcare market of Philippines can be attributed primarily to -
- Generic substitution in both public and private sectors is a driver for manufacturing of generic drugs in Philippines
- Increased expenditure on medicines by Local Government Units
- Initiatives of the government for the prevention and management of chronic diseases
- Improved and updated regulatory environment
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of Philippines. The scope includes -
- Overview of the pharmaceutical market of Philippines including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
- Profile and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical. Key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are United Laboratories, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Abbott Laboratories and Novartis.
- Insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization process for new drug and medical devices for Philippines.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of Philippines including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of Philippines.
Reasons to Get this Report
The report on Philippines comprehensively covers the pharmaceutical market of Philippines. The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Spain
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Germany
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Italy
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - UK
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - France
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Singapore
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Brazil
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Indonesia