DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/08/2019 -- Hepatitis B Virus Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast- 2028
1. Hepatitis B Virus is estimated to have 786,000 deaths and the vast majority being attributable to liver cancer (341,000 deaths) and cirrhosis (312,000 deaths)
2. Hepatitis B Virus ranks 15th among all causes of human mortality. About 2 billion people worldwide have been infected with the Hepatitis B Virus and about 360 million live with chronic Hepatitis B Virus.
3. Hepatitis B Virus prevalence in the general population is heterogeneous in Europe ranging 0.1-7 % depending on the country.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Hepatitis B Virus Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Hepatitis B Virus market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Hepatitis B Virus epidemiology and Hepatitis B Virus market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Hepatitis B Virus market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Hepatitis B Virus market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Hepatitis B Virus market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Hepatitis B Virus market.
Request for sample pages
"The global Hepatitis B Virus prevalence varies widely. It ranges from <0.5 % in areas of low endemicity (e.g., North America and some Western European countries) to rates above 8% in the highly endemic countries of Sub-Saharan Africa and East Asia."
Currently, the Hepatitis B virus market is dominated by chronic Hepatitis B medication, which focuses on viral suppression and includes two therapy classes, oral nucleoside analogues (NUC) – Nucleoside/Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs) and pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN).
For acute hepatitis B infection, no specific Hepatitis B virus treatment is available, and only care is targeted at sustaining comfort and adequate nutritional balance, including replacement of fluids (lost due to vomiting). Despite the approval of drugs, such as Baraclude (entecavir), Intron A (interferon alfa-2b), Pegasys (peginterferon alfa- 2a), Vemlidy (tenofovir alafenamide), etc. for controlling Hepatitis B virus and reducing the risk of cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the rate of functional cure for Chronic Hepatitis B is far from satisfactory.
Although long-term oral antiviral therapy is well tolerated with few adverse effects, there are still many unmet clinical needs in terms of how to treat this disease more efficiently with better efficacy as it remains a serious global health concern with estimated over 350 million people worldwide currently living with this condition. The unmet need in clinical research includes safety and risk-stratified HCC surveillance among patients who received long-term NUC therapy. Criteria for determining which patients should receive finite-duration NUC therapy and which should receive combination therapy with both NUC and pegylated interferon remain unsettled. Moreover, the management of Hepatitis B Virus e-antigen-positive viremic patients with normal liver function and the incorporation of new biomarkers to help manage CHB require further exploration. Other several challenges in basic research include the development of an efficient cell culture system and animal models for HBV investigation, development of treatment to eradicate covalently closed circular HBV DNA, and development of immunotherapy for Chronic Hepatitis B virus infection.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact the Hepatitis B virus treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
2. REP 2139
4. Myrcludex B
And many others
The key players in Hepatitis B virus market are:
1. Ascentage Pharma
3. Ionis Pharma
4. Gilead Sciences
5. Arbutus Biopharma Spring
6. Bank Pharmaceuticals
7. MYR Pharma
8. GC Pharma
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Hepatitis B Virus Market Overview at a Glance
3. Hepatitis B Virus Disease Background and Overview
4. Hepatitis B Virus Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Hepatitis B Virus Current Treatment and Medical Practices
6. Hepatitis B Virus Current Unmet Needs
7. Hepatitis B Virus Marketed drugs
7.1. List of Marketed Drugs
7.2. Baraclude - Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
7.3. Vemlidy – Gilead Sciences
8. Hepatitis B Virus Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. IONIS-HBV - Ionis Pharma
8.3. APG-1387 – Ascentage Pharma
8.4. REP 2139 – Replicor
9. Hepatitis B Virus Infection Market Outlook
9.1. Key Findings
9.2. Total 7MM Hepatitis B Virus Infection Market Analysis (2017-2028)
10. Hepatitis B Virus 7MM Country-Wise Market Analysis (2017-2028)
10.1. United States Market Size
10.2.Germany Market Size
10.3. France Market Size
10.4.United Kingdom Market Size
10.5. Spain Market Size
10.6. Italy Market Size
11. Attribute and Product Potential Analysis
12. Market drivers
13. Market barriers
15. Report Methodology
16. DelveInsight Capabilities
18. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.