Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/04/2014 -- High Content Screening Market by Instruments (Cell Imaging and Analysis System), by Applications (Primary and Secondary Screening, Target Identification and Validation, Toxicity Studies, Compound Profiling), Software & Services - Global Forecasts to 2018
The global high content screening market is a technology-driven market and is marked by the 'Threat of Obsolescence,' wherein technologies as well as their adoption by end users changes very rapidly. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as academic and government institutes are increasingly focusing on using high content screening as a powerful research tool in drug discovery. The high content screening software market is the fastest-growing segment in the high content screening market. In high content screening, the accuracy of the results obtained depends on image analysis and data management software. In recent years, enhanced image analysis and data management solutions have been introduced, but there is scope for these solutions to be further improvised to provide improved results. Many of the key players in the high content screening instruments market are collaborating with software companies to offer products with better software. For instance, in November 2010, PerkinElmer collaborated with Glencoe Software, Inc. to integrate Columbus Scope, a cellular imaging software solution for microscopy. With the data sharing facility, Columbus Scope helps in data management in high content screening.
In the coming years, Asian countries are expected to witness a high growth. These regions offer an array of opportunities for growth and are expected to be the new revenue pockets for high content screening. This region offers a high growth potential as compared to mature markets such as the U.S. Growth in the Asian market is spurred by government support for the development of innovative screening technologies and rising demand for outsourcing of drug discovery services. For instance, in September 2013, Global Health Innovative Technology Fund (GHIT Fund), granted $5.7 million to six global partnerships to support the R&D activities of these partnerships in the area of various infectious diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, and Chagas disease. Such fundings are expected to boost the growth of the high content screening market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global high content screening market is competitive and all the existing players in this market are engaged in developing new and advanced products to maintain their market shares.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
Companies Mentioned in this Report: BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY, CELL SIGNALING TECHNOLOGY, INC., DANAHER CORPORATION, GE HEALTHCARE (SUBSIDIARY OF GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY), GENEDATA AG, MERCK KGAA, PERKINELMER, INC., THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC., THORLABS, INC., YOKOGAWA ELECTRIC CORPORATION
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- High Throughput Screening (HTS) Market - Forecast to 2018
- Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Chromatography Accessories and Consumables Market by Types (Columns, Autosamplers, Vials, Detectors, Fraction Collectors, Pressure Regulators, Degassers), by Technology (LC (HPLC, UHPLC, Flash), GC), by End-users - Trends & Global Forecasts to 2018
- Chromatography Reagents Market By Type [Alkylation, Acylation, Solvent, Buffer], Bed Shape [Column, Thin layer], Mobile Phase [HPLC, UHPLC, HILIC, Flash, SFC], Separation Mechanism [Adsorption, Partition, Affinity] & End User - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Global Enterprise Social Software (ESS) Market : Global Advancements, Demand Analysis & Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Transportation Safety and Transportation Security Market Modes (Airways; Seaways; Roadways; Railways); Systems (Access Control; Surveillance, Scanning, Screening, Tracking, Navigation, Fire Safety): - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 '" 2018)
- Sugar Substitute Market - By Types (HFS, HIS & LIS), Subtypes (Stevia, Sorbitol, Tagatose, Aspartame, Saccharine, Sucralose, Xylitol & Others) & Applications (Healthcare & Personal Care, Beverage & Food) - Global Trends, Forecasts to 2018
- Airport & Marine Port Security Market [Access Control, Video Surveillance, Screening & Scanning, Asset and Visitor Management, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Network Security] - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)