Fast Market Research recommends "High Frequency Trading in the US" from IBISWorld, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/02/2012 -- High times: Regulation and saturation will keep this profitable industry constrained
Firms in this industry primarily use high-speed and sophisticated computer programs to establish and liquidate stock positions in very short time frames, thereby generating a large number of trades on a daily basis. Companies may be organized as proprietary trading firms, as the proprietary trading desk of a multiservice broker-dealer or as a hedge fund. In each case, participants seek to end the trading day in a flat position and avoid carrying significant unhedged positions overnight.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Renaissance Technologies, Getco LLC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Mortgages 2011
- UK Commercial General Insurance 2009
- Outlet Center Retailing in Europe: Major Players, Strategies and New Opportunities
- Unmanned Service Station Retailing in Europe: Market Size, Retailer Strategies and Competitor Performance
- Global Luxury Retailing: Market Size, Brand Strategies and Competitor Performance
- Global Consumer Trends: Convenience
- Opportunities in Premium Alcoholic Drinks: Trading Up Trends
- The Future of Spirits: Capitalizing on New Opportunities and Preferences
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) in Pharmaceuticals - Supply Chain Security Concerns Provide Impetus for RFID Adoption
- Global Anti-counterfeit markets in Food & Pharmaceutical applications by geography, technology trends and forecasts (2010-2015)